Intro

A general discussion forum to talk about all things Peavey and everything musical.
Ayce

Intro

Post by Ayce » Thu May 10, 2012 8:24 am

Hello,
My name is Bruce, and I'm a Peaveyholic. :lol:

Actually, I've been out of the music scene for about 12 years, playing my last gig on NYE 96/97.
At that time, I was using a Megabass with a 1516 cab. LSS, I moved to Ontario for work, and fell out of playing because of it. I didn't have time to dedicate to a band due to the nature of the job. (Building Management). I lugged my bass, amp and cab around for several years, then when I returned to NB, sold it all to buy PC parts.
I've been bitten by the bug again, and recently returned to bass. I had borrowed a Squire Bronco, but didn't have an amp. I played it through the PC for a bit, but that didn't work too well. I found a Backstage Plus for $20, and played through that until the basses owner needed it back. When I took the amp apart for cleaning, I found a penny from 1987 floating around in it. :shock: I taped it back inside. The amp works O.K. for a practice rig, as I can now use headphones without having to mess around with the sound settings on the PC, and shutting off all the other speakers. :roll:
Anyway, since I now am bassless, I had to find something to play. I found a Peavey Milestone at a local second hand store for $100, and laid it away yesterday. It needs a proper setup, (which I can do) but it looks and plays good. I've been searching the webz for info on that particular bass, but so far, not much luck. It's a late model version one, I think, just before the switch to BPX models. It looks like a BPX I saw, but it doesn't have it on the headstock. It's "P" based, with the output plug on the side.
Anyway, it's good to be back playing Peavey again, and I don't care that many think it's not that great. From my experience, Peavey is hard to beat for value and durability. :D Besides the Megabass, I had a TKO 65 for a few years. Worked great, and the only problem I had, I fixed myself. (DDT cap came loose.)
Racing on the ragged edge, of SANITY!
"It's a poor musician that blames their instrument"

SemperFiSound

Re: Intro

Post by SemperFiSound » Thu May 10, 2012 12:22 pm

Hey Bruce,
Welcome to the forums.
Depending upon which Milestone you are looking at:
6 string
http://peavey.com/assets/literature/man ... 300046.pdf
12 string
http://peavey.com/assets/literature/man ... 300501.pdf

Switiching from bass to guitar?
Peavey website / Support has a repository of dang near all the manuals.

Hope to see a picture of the guitar on these pages soon.
Cheers,
Steve
SemperFi Sound; the website
SemperFi Sound On FaceBook
"The Art of War teaches us to rely, not upon the calculated likelihood of
the enemy's coming or not, but on our own readiness to receive him... no
matter what he does." Sun Tzu

Ayce

Post by Ayce » Thu May 10, 2012 8:02 pm

Thanks for the welcome, SemperFiSound. :)
I think I mentioned in my post that it's a Milestone Bass, 4 string. I figured, since it's an older model, it would be in the archives, so I looked there. Just has the guitar manuals. Silly me, I forgot to search the current models. :oops:
I will post before/after pics when I get the bass. :D

SemperFiSound

Post by SemperFiSound » Fri May 11, 2012 2:40 pm

Oops sorry. You did mention it indirectly as you were looking for info on "that particular bass."

No worries. I've been incorrect before and as sure as long as I am married to that wonderful woman, I KNOW sometime (sooner than later) I'll be wrong again....

Cheers,
Steve
SemperFi Sound; the website
SemperFi Sound On FaceBook
"The Art of War teaches us to rely, not upon the calculated likelihood of
the enemy's coming or not, but on our own readiness to receive him... no
matter what he does." Sun Tzu

Ayce

Post by Ayce » Fri May 11, 2012 2:58 pm

LOL You and me both.
I did look at the newer info, but it just shows the new "J" models. I'll presume all the specs are the same, except the pups.