Peavey bandit 112 speaker change

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey guitar amplifiers.
sHEFFIELD

Peavey bandit 112 speaker change

Post by sHEFFIELD » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:38 pm

Hey just wanted to let anybody know that if you have a Peavey Bandit 112 to take the Sheffield 1230 out, if it has? And replace it with an Eminence CV-75. What a difference in sound that speaker has in the bandit. I love that speaker! great all around British toned speaker. The bass is tight and the mids are agressive, but the highs are "airy" not too bright. It really makes the bandit even better sounding IMO. That was the speaker that they were developing for ten yrs and they got it right!!

faraldi

Re: Peavey bandit 112 speaker change

Post by faraldi » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:31 am

I think now you have to change your forum handle to eMINENCE.

:)

I've actually heard good things about the Sheffield speakers but bottom line, they're stock and a change can offer some really nice options as you've noticed.

I recently changed the stock speaker in my ValveKing 112 with an Eminence The Wizard. Fantastic upgrade. The original speaker is still one that I'd use in maybe a cab build down the road but the Wizard gives me some different flavor.

Congrats on the new tone!
JOFABOARDS Custom Pedalboards and Speaker Cabinets
www.jofaboards.com

TimmyV

Post by TimmyV » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:12 pm

faraldi wrote:I think now you have to change your forum handle to eMINENCE.

I've actually heard good things about the Sheffield speakers but bottom line, they're stock and a change can offer some really nice options as you've noticed.

I recently changed the stock speaker in my ValveKing 112 with an Eminence The Wizard. Fantastic upgrade. The original speaker is still one that I'd use in maybe a cab build down the road but the Wizard gives me some different flavor.

Or maybe cV-75 lol

TimmyV

Post by TimmyV » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:13 pm

faraldi wrote:I think now you have to change your forum handle to eMINENCE.

Or maybe cV-75 lol