Audition 110 plug

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey guitar amplifiers.
benasaki

Audition 110 plug

Post by benasaki » Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:30 pm

Happy new year to all.
I just bought an Audition 110 Transtube amp circa 1996. The amp has some buzz when turning on and was wondering if it would be worth replacing the plug with one with a ground. I don’t get the buzz that goes away when you touch the strings. The noise more static. It may be normal for this model. I’ve already opened it up re-soldered the input jack and anchored the spring reverb as it was just bouncing around. This thing sounds awesome. Any advice is appreciated.

Pappy B

Re: Audition 110 plug

Post by Pappy B » Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:22 pm

Does it have the original cord and plug? Has some one removed the ground prong? If it has a 2 wire cord putting a 3 prong plug on it won't help. If it has a 3 wire cord and a 2 prong plug it needs a 3 prong plug put on it.

Using contact cleaner in all the jacks and pots may help with the noise. If you need a schematic for it contact Peavey. Their support is very good.
The more I learn the more I realize how much I don't know.

benasaki

Re: Audition 110 plug

Post by benasaki » Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:19 am

This particular amp has the original 2 prong plug. I'll contact Peavey support and see if they have any documentation on adding a 3 prong grounding plug. Thanks for the reply.