Peavey 6534+ discontinued already??

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey guitar amplifiers.
pvholic

Re: Peavey 6534+ discontinued already??

Post by pvholic » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:26 pm

First you need to know that Dealers are on different levels all over. Some cannot afford to keep every Peavey product. There are several levels. A dear friend that had a Peavey account only had some guitars and basses, some combo guitar and bass amps and he did fine as he had a store more geared to students. Even big store like Sweetwater only carry a few of each different products. But I was assured they will get what anyone wants.
Sadly, the marketing of Peavey products is not often reviewed in the mags often enough and a few years ago I tryed to talk a big store in Ft Lauderdale to bring in a few HP Specials, but he was stuck with many USA Wolfgangs and a USA Limited ST Flag model that he ended up blowing them out. And he said sorry, I move PRS, Fenders and Gibson all week. He said, you are the only person that special orders Peavey stuff. :o :roll: :o
" I Play Peavey..............or I DON'T Play!!! "

Charlie

Kevin Boudloche
Web Team

Post by Kevin Boudloche » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:40 am

Ace.trouble wrote:
studiodtk5 wrote:It is on the website:

http://www.peavey.com/products/instampl ... usHead.cfm

It is the super special hidden place with no link to it.

Actually I found it as a link on the related items page of the 6505.
Yeah, like I said, I found it via the "related items" link, too. They should fix this soon to prevent further confusion...
Thanks for bringing this to our attention, it is now working as intended.

http://www.peavey.com/products/instampl ... amps/6505/

Classic30inCincy

Post by Classic30inCincy » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:59 am

Cooooool.....

The Dynamic Duo Save The Day

"Kevin B. & Kevin C." -----> 8) :wink:

PAF Classic Series Tube Kit.......Created By Classic30inCincy
Majic Mojo Tradename..........Created By Classic30inCincy
Graduate Of Joe Friday / Dragnet School Of Correspondence
Doctorate Degree Diplomacy From Royal Order Possum Lodge

Charnelrot

Post by Charnelrot » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:09 am

I bought mine at my local music store. They didn't even have a 6505 at the time, just this. I'm in Canada and the store is a small independent franchise with 3 stores I think.

tedeeoo

Post by tedeeoo » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:54 am

Kinda on this same subject, I noticed the 6534 is in Musicians Friend lastest catalog but I have yet to see a Butcher anywhere other than a few places online, haven't seen the new 412 either. Its really a shame Peavey doesn't put a little more into marketing their products, the few clips I have heard of the new Butcher sound incredible and looking at it online it has everything you'd want in an amp, but I'd almost be willing to bet it goes away before it ever has a chance. And to be honest Peavey isn't really giving it a chance, I have never had any problem with what Peavey makes, their products just kill everybody from a reliability, sound and cost perspective, but to many times they say "well it just didn't sell" when most musicians never even knew it existed.

p.s. Have heard nothing but positive things about the 6534, yet to see one anywhere in Mississippi.

mattr_4_president

Post by mattr_4_president » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:25 pm

Daddy's Junky Music use to be a big Peavey supporter here in the northeast. That is where i bought my VK head from. I walk in there now and they have some vypyr stuff and that's about it. once in a while maybe a 6505 head but only because they know they can move those. Now to be fair Daddy's has a big used gear game going on that doesn't compare to the GC's.

I think peavey's marketing could do a better job and and they're sales department doing a better job of getting dealers on a program to stock and display peavey stuff the right way. Sorry but Daddy's and Guitar center are really the only games in town for me. if i can't find what i want there then i'm not buying it. Myself, like many people, hate walmart, but if your product isn't in walmart then good luck. your product needs to be readily available to people. Look at Crate. Adapt or die.
Ibanez S520EX
Washburn KC70V
Aria Pro II
Peavey Valveking 100H
Peavey Express
Custom 4x12 Cab with Eminence Texas Heat
Ibanez TS9
Boss NS1
Boss GE7