Help! Peavey Bandit 112 Issues

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey guitar amplifiers.
Liquid Carnage

Help! Peavey Bandit 112 Issues

Post by Liquid Carnage » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:36 pm

Hey guys, i need help on my Peavey Bandit 112, the latest silver stripe version. I'm plugging my guitar (lp) straight to the amp using brand new fender cables. Whenever I do chords emphasizing low frequencies, I get some minimal volume drops. Then when using low gain on the lead channel there's this noise that sounds like rain. Thanks in advance. :)

Classic30inCincy

Re: Help! Peavey Bandit 112 Issues

Post by Classic30inCincy » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:45 am

Have you tried adjusting PUP height ?

PAF Classic Series Tube Kit.......Created By Classic30inCincy
Majic Mojo Tradename..........Created By Classic30inCincy
Graduate Of Joe Friday / Dragnet School Of Correspondence
Doctorate Degree Diplomacy From Royal Order Possum Lodge

Liquid Carnage

Post by Liquid Carnage » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:05 pm

bump

GennyFan

Post by GennyFan » Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:45 am

Liquid Carnage wrote:Hey guys, i need help on my Peavey Bandit 112, the latest silver stripe version. I'm plugging my guitar (lp) straight to the amp using brand new fender cables. Whenever I do chords emphasizing low frequencies, I get some minimal volume drops. Then when using low gain on the lead channel there's this noise that sounds like rain. Thanks in advance. :)
The latest model is the Cyclops. It's made in China and looks like it has one eye... (Some people call it the Codpiece Bandit... :oops: )

The Silver Stripe is sometimes called the Black Box, because it has a silver stripe, and it's black, and shaped like a box... :wink:

Which one is yours?

I'm not an amp expert, but I've had a couple of 90's era Peavey amps do that to me, and they needed to have their solder connections "re-flowed"... Apparently the amount of solder used when they "wave solder" those is very minimal... Over time it oxidizes and loses conductivity.

If yours is a newer made in China model (Cyclops) and the connections are already bad, that would be surprising...