Very nice demo of latest Bandit

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey guitar amplifiers.
triguy

Very nice demo of latest Bandit

Post by triguy » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:06 pm

Looks like this is a pretty popular video on YouTube, so you might have seen it already, but just in case . . .

Most of this sounds amazingly "tubey" to me!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsglPK0ayNw

Triguy

triguy

Re: Very nice demo of latest Bandit

Post by triguy » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:43 pm

Just a few more comments:

1. I wish Peavey would put some good Bandit clips like this in the Products section of this site. I think it would really help sell Bandits and the rest of the Transtube line.

2. The only thing I wish they would change about this Bandit is the knobs. It's too hard to see where they are pointing.

3. If I weren't already happy with my red striper, I would have to get one of these!

Triguy

Tankman

Post by Tankman » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:33 am

I love the bandit too, but only when using the amp's drive. The sound is horrible when you use distortion pedals. I actually considered buying one, but then I discovered the 6505+ 112 combo...and I got a job at a guitar store....and I got awesome discounts...etc etc etc... :mrgreen:
- Guitars: PRS Tremonti SE, Charvel So-Cal, Peavey HP Special, Peavey PXD Vicious I
- Peavey Classic 30 Head & Palmer 212 with V30's
- Pedals: Dunlop, MXR, TC Electronic, Dr. No, Fulltone, G-Lab, Boss, Voodoo Lab, Pedaltrain

triguy

Post by triguy » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:30 am

Tankman wrote:I love the bandit too, but only when using the amp's drive. The sound is horrible when you use distortion pedals. I actually considered buying one, but then I discovered the 6505+ 112 combo...and I got a job at a guitar store....and I got awesome discounts...etc etc etc... :mrgreen:
Yeah, I wouldn't turn down a discounted deal on a new 6505 either! The Bandit just fills a nice niche. It's pretty easy to tote, inexpensive, can run an ext cab together with the on-board speaker. Works great as a budget back up or super reliable main amp. I was just a little surprised how good it sounds in the clip.

Glad you're digging the 6505!

Triguy

swcoburn

Post by swcoburn » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:11 pm

I was just a little surprised how good it sounds in the clip.

Triguy[/quote]

I was shocked too. I posted if he was running any thing thru the loop he said nothing.I didnt buy at first thinking he had it miced or some kind of magic but Earlier on he made mention that the video was recorded with the camcorders condenser mic. That sound has got me drooling! PEAVEY KIX BUT!!!

EL BANDITO

Post by EL BANDITO » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:56 pm

That video convinced me to try one almost two years ago. I agree about the knobs so I replaced them. Also removed the nameplate and the buzzing sheet metal that held it. I use a Rat and a chorus pedal with mine and they both work well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMlvCHPODKk

This link shows another You Tube video with this model Bandit with a Warehouse Guitar Speaker's Retro 30. Sounds great!!

BIGD
Attachments
IMG_4070 (800x600).jpg
IMG_4070 (800x600).jpg (199.21 KiB) Viewed 5248 times

triguy

Post by triguy » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:55 pm

EL BANDITO wrote:That video convinced me to try one almost two years ago. I agree about the knobs so I replaced them. Also removed the nameplate and the buzzing sheet metal that held it. I use a Rat and a chorus pedal with mine and they both work well.

This link shows another You Tube video with this model Bandit with a Warehouse Guitar Speaker's Retro 30. Sounds great!!

BIGD
Holy crap! I had heard that video before but never looked close enough to realize it was a Bandit! There can't be a ss amp anywhere that sounds better than that.

Also, I really like the knobs you put on your Bandit! Much easier to see than the stock knobs IMO. Of course, I'd leave the Peavey name on it, but otherwise yours looks great. Did you get the replacement knobs from a major company or are they no-names?

Thanks for sharing.

Triguy

EL BANDITO

Post by EL BANDITO » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:01 pm

triguy wrote:
EL BANDITO wrote:That video convinced me to try one almost two years ago. I agree about the knobs so I replaced them. Also removed the nameplate and the buzzing sheet metal that held it. I use a Rat and a chorus pedal with mine and they both work well.

BIGD
Holy crap! I had heard that video before but never looked close enough to realize it was a Bandit! There can't be a ss amp anywhere that sounds better than that.

Also, I really like the knobs you put on your Bandit! Much easier to see than the stock knobs IMO. Of course, I'd leave the Peavey name on it, but otherwise yours looks great. Did you get the replacement knobs from a major company or are they no-names?

Thanks for sharing.

Triguy
I may have to try one of those Retro 30's. I want more down low and a higher end that's less harsh at times.

Thanks for the comment. I already remounted the name plate. I wish I had one of the old style pointy Peavy plates. Those look cool to me. The knobs were some I happened across for free. So sorry no mfr. to refer to but I already had found some online that were better than these for less than a buck each each. http://www.pedalpartsplus.com/mm5/merch ... y_Code=KNB

Hope that helps.

BIGD

(heart) le Peavey

Post by (heart) le Peavey » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:15 pm

EL BANDITO wrote:I wish I had one of the old style pointy Peavy plates.

BIGD
Send me your address in a PM. I have a couple I don't need.

EL BANDITO

Post by EL BANDITO » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:35 pm

(heart) le Peavey wrote:
EL BANDITO wrote:I wish I had one of the old style pointy Peavy plates.

BIGD
Send me your address in a PM. I have a couple I don't need.
AWESOME.......Thanks!!

triguy

Post by triguy » Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:03 pm

[quote="EL BANDITO]
Thanks for the comment. I already remounted the name plate. I wish I had one of the old style pointy Peavy plates. Those look cool to me. The knobs were some I happened across for free. So sorry no mfr. to refer to but I already had found some online that were better than these for less than a buck each each. http://www.pedalpartsplus.com/mm5/merch ... y_Code=KNB

Hope that helps.

BIGD[/quote]

Thanks for the link! I like that cream pointer knob at the bottom right of that first web page. I wonder how that would look on a Bandit. The knob on the top right looks like the ones in your picture.

Triguy

triguy

Post by triguy » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:23 pm

Do any of you know if an older Bandit foot switch will work with the newest model? I know they both have 2 buttons, but on the older models the 2nd button turns the reverb on/off and on the new ones the 2nd button is a boost.

Triguy