Tracer restoration project

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey electric and acoustic guitars.
brontosman

Tracer restoration project

Post by brontosman » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:33 pm

Hi from Don in Australia.

I picked up a Peavey Tracer Deluxe built 1989 in bits, and need a few missing parts to complete restoration. I like the look of this guitar, although the neck is twisted. I am slowly getting it back to straight, but would love to find another neck that is straight.

Anyway, what I really need is:

1. A rectangular back cover plate (I guess it was made from black perspex) that fits over the Kahler springs mechanism. Peavey USA has these in stock, but wont ship to Australia. I can try to get one ordered via a dealer out here, but maybe someone reading this has one?

2. A neck plate with tilt adjustment hole. I am also guessing it is just the one plate with 4 countersunk screws, in black ?

3. A truss rod cover plate.

If anyone has the paint code or specs for Sunfire red that would be great. I would like to keep the restoration original !

Anyone got a parts breakdown diagram of this model?

And any other stuff, like new headstock decals could be of interest.

Many thanks, Happy New Year.......Don in Oz.

RickBlacker

Re: Tracer restoration project

Post by RickBlacker » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:29 am

Sorry I can't be of any help but just wanted to say that I really love the Tracer necks. I've got two guitar builds that I've done both with the Tracer neck.

brontosman

Re: Tracer restoration project

Post by brontosman » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:23 pm

Good to hear. I havent yet been able to try the neck ie playing it, as the guitar came in two separate pieces off ebay, neck and body, possibly to help camouflage the twist in the neck. Looking forward to doing so though.

Are you able to measure the neck plate, all 3 dimensions? I may end up having to making one. A close up photo too would be helpful. Cheers.