Most / Least You Ever Paid for a Peavey Guitar?

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey electric and acoustic guitars.
JCole

Most / Least You Ever Paid for a Peavey Guitar?

Post by JCole » Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:24 pm

Least: $3 for a Raptor Plus. Actually someone took it apart and threw the parts in the garbage. After a brief dumpster dive, I had all the parts and put 'em back together. All it was missing was the knobs, which I had extras on hand, and a bridge saddle for the high E. Got the saddle from Peavey parts for $3. Surprisingly good quality starter guitar.

Most: $750 for my JD Omniac, NOS clearance, delivered to my door. Easily twice the guitar of comparably priced F*nders, IMHO.

pvholic

Re: Most / Least You Ever Paid for a Peavey Guitar?

Post by pvholic » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:12 pm

I was given a gift of a Millennium Plus 5 string Bass that I didn't mention for several years, that happened many years ago. It was a very humbling experience, as I have heard of miracles happening, but I have never witnessed, nor. ever expected to be used in one. It started by reading a post on this forum. (The old one of course)
I did a lot of soul searching for a very long time before I could come to terms with it. All I want to share here is, this is one bass I can never sell, and I will not use any other bass either.
The most I have ever paid for a very, very special, Peavey is $1200. And I had to bid in the last 3 seconds to land it too.
" I Play Peavey..............or I DON'T Play!!! "

Charlie

triguy

Post by triguy » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:27 am

I'm sure the most was my old Impact I, but I can't recall the price (it was new). The least was my current V-Type -- $160 on super clearance.

And of course, in between there were Falcons, Patriot, Predator, Generation, Tracer ... Not a bad one in the bunch.

Triguy

JCole

Post by JCole » Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:23 pm

Thanks for the replies. I thought more people would respond. It's an ongoing source of amazement for me that these great instruments don't get more recogniton/respect by the guitar-owning public. Especially the Leakesville stuff, there were some seriously great guitars made there... But you guys already know all that.

pvholic

Post by pvholic » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:59 am

I am noticing the prices of the older USA made Peavey guitar prices, on the rise now. There are still some great values if you are patient.

Charlie

bbgfr

Post by bbgfr » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:40 pm

Most I paid was $650 for a stoptail Wolfgang, least I paid was $137 for a Nitro III.

Mark

bowhuntr

Post by bowhuntr » Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:54 pm

The most I paid was for the Impact 1 I am playing still to this day. 750 dollars for a brand new 1987 model Impact 1. This guitar is still my favorite to play. I have had the frets done a couple of times due to normal wear but it will smoke anything else I have picked up.
http://www.gdjackson.net
ITOC #09-00214
Peavey Nitro Limited
Peavey Impact 1
Peavey HP Signature Select (P-Rails &Triple Shot Rings)
Peavey T60
Vypyr 120 Tube
Sanpera 2
Stereo Chorus 400

Peter Rabbit

Post by Peter Rabbit » Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:47 pm

I lucked out with a Genny EXP ACM (built around 2002, I think, its the one with the piezo circuitry and S/S/H) NEW for $199.00!

But wait, there's more! I just ( 2 weeks ago) got a NEW (from the store) Genny Vintage EX blonde body only (alder, with all hardware and electronics in place) - no neck - for $30.00!!! (Apparently, the neck got trashed in transit from Korea or where-ever, and my local store was going to sell it for pieces.)

That's got to be one of the better deals I've ever gotten.

Keep smilin'

Peter

triguy

Post by triguy » Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:43 pm

bowhuntr wrote:The most I paid was for the Impact 1 I am playing still to this day. 750 dollars for a brand new 1987 model Impact 1. This guitar is still my favorite to play. I have had the frets done a couple of times due to normal wear but it will smoke anything else I have picked up.
Does your Impact have the fretboard that's not made of wood? I forget what they call the material. Glad to hear yours has held up so well. I loved the sound and feel of mine. What color is yours? I had the gray, but always wished I had the white.

I especially liked the separate toggles for each pickup. I often wonder why more guitars haven't been made with switches like that. The make the guitar very versatile!

Triguy

pvholic

Post by pvholic » Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:38 pm

"Does your Impact have the fretboard that's not made of wood? I forget what they call the material."

IOt's called Polyglide. My 80's Impact 1 had it and so does the Vortex 1 in Florecent Pink I gave my Grandson Zach (7 yrs old) Still holding up but if you look really close at the right angle you will see lines through it, that look like cracks, but cannot be felt at all. Completely smooth. I think that appearance alone, cause Peavey to stop making those, and they went to rosewood, although both guitars are still perfect, no problems at all. I just went over Zachs guitar just last week,as it has been in the case probably 4-5 years, no issues at all. I just cleaned and polished it and waxed the body, and changed the strings and tweaked the intonation. Truss rod did not need any adjustment at all.

Note: If anyone has the early 80's Peavey guitars in Pearl White or the Florescent Pink ( Vortex 1 & 2) Make sure you wax the body as if you happen to be playing in the bright sunlight, the colors will turn on you, especially the early Pearl White finishes.
The group, Cross Reference, I was a founding member of, all had Pearl White early 80's model Peavey guitars and Bass, did an outdoor gig and only my guitar body had wax on it. The other guitar and bass turned in blotches of dark grey. We sent them back to Peavey and they refinished them and apologised and corrrected the problem and they were as good as new again. Customer service second to none!!!

Charlie

triguy

Post by triguy » Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:57 pm

Glad to hear some of those early Impacts are still out there rockin!

Triguy

salrod

Post by salrod » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:40 am

I paid 1045 for a Worlfgan Standard, beatifull guitar. I just purchased a Firenza JX USA. Wating to see how it is. Any experince with this guitar?
any opinion?
Sal

JCole

Post by JCole » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:34 pm

I'm a big fan of the Leakesville Firenzas. The JX is probably my favorite, very comfortable, light-bodied guitar with great classic rock tones. The stock pickups are surprisingly good, just be sure you adjust the heights correctly. I've seen more than one that needed a fret level-crown-and-polish, but it's worth doing IMO.

If you like the JX, you'll probably want to get an AX and a Soapbar model too. They're all quality musical instruments, and well below the radar as far as the guitar-buying public is concerned, so they're ridiculously cheap too.

Most expensive Leakesville Firenza: $350 NOS Soapbar with OHSC.

Least expensive Leakesville Firenza: $150 Battle scarred Firenza AX with no case. The frets were fine and it cleaned up nicely. It's the one I play most often these days...

kwbosch

Post by kwbosch » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:03 pm

Most expensive is my PRS Mira, $1350.00
Least expensive is my `92 Peavey Predator, $60.00
Southern California's Five Seasons: Earthquake, Brushfire, Mudslide, Riot and Bankruptcy......

jmcdonaldva1

Post by jmcdonaldva1 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:53 am

I only have two so far but the most I paid was 100.00 for a near perfect Generation S-1 with the case and the least was 25.00 for a perfect 1992 Predator. Love that Craigslist:)