Hartley is one sneaky/crafty sonofagun...LOL

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey electric and acoustic guitars.
Slap

Hartley is one sneaky/crafty sonofagun...LOL

Post by Slap » Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:52 pm

Was over at a friend's house today....time for my '92 Predator's first refret(Dunlop 6110 Jumbos).

We removed the crappy stock plastic nut, was going to shave down a spare TUSQ nut he had for his Les Paul...plenty of material for that. Here's where it get really WEIRD: The string spacing on that Les Paul is IDENTICAL to the string spacing on my USA Predator.

Yep, Hartley spec'ed G*bson-type string spacing on his F*nder-beater.......I about fell off my chair.

No, it isn't a replacement nut that came on the Predator...I've owned it since new, and have NEVER had it changed or modified in any fashion.

Go figure...LOL

skynyrd

Re: Hartley is one sneaky/crafty sonofagun...LOL

Post by skynyrd » Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:57 pm

I had ordered that Tusq for my epi LP and filed the slots to deep and put a new one on and set that back and when I was looking at his pred nut I thought there would be plenty of meat to make 1 for it. Once i took the old nut out I put them up to each other to see how far off the spacing was and it was dead on, so didn`t have to make new strings slots for it just sand to fit and go. Was equally surprised that it had a radious bottom on the nut, figured Hartly would have went with flat for simplicity.

Box

Re: Hartley is one sneaky/crafty sonofagun...LOL

Post by Box » Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:23 pm

Had to replace the nut for my Fury. Took a J-Bass bone nut and had to file it down a fair amount. It was pretty much flat on the bottom, with a little bit of an arch to it.
I Peavey________
Ensoniq VFX
Korg Monotron
Korg Triton
Peavey Fury 1992
Peavey KB-300
Peavey Milestone 1984
Roland JX-8P
Waldorf Micro Q
Yamaha KM802
Yamaha KX5
Yamaha SY77