Whatcha Playing Your Wolfgang Through?

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey electric and acoustic guitars.
misterdetail

Whatcha Playing Your Wolfgang Through?

Post by misterdetail » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:36 pm

Proud owner of a 1998 Wolfgang Standard Deluxe here and just wondering what fellow Wolfgang owners are playing through. I'm currently down to a Vypyr 15 and mainly use the 6505 model. I've owned Marshall, Fender, Vox, Jet City and other Peavey amps but never my dream amp, which is an actual 5150/6505 tube amp. Seems to me the Wolfgang was designed for this amp like a glove for a hand. It's probably not realistic as I play at bedroom volumes 99% of the time, but I'd still love to get my hands on a new 6505+ 112 for use at home. If not, maybe a Vypyr 60 for some partial tube tone and power.

How about you?
Peavey 6505 Piranha

"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."
Romans 6:23

pvholic

Re: Whatcha Playing Your Wolfgang Through?

Post by pvholic » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:42 pm

You sure have a nice selection of amps for sure. The only ears and amps that count are yours. Trust them. Crank the amps when you can. Anyone elses amps including all my amps will not help you if you can't try them out with your Wolfgang.
" I Play Peavey..............or I DON'T Play!!! "

Charlie

misterdetail

Post by misterdetail » Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:32 pm

pvholic wrote:You sure have a nice selection of amps for sure. The only ears and amps that count are yours. Trust them. Crank the amps when you can. Anyone elses amps including all my amps will not help you if you can't try them out with your Wolfgang.
True! But I was just curious what other people are using. The only amp I miss from the past is a Marshall JTM612. Got rid of it before I really knew how to use it properly. Still dreaming of having a real 6505 to match with my Wolf!
Peavey 6505 Piranha

"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

pvholic

Post by pvholic » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:36 pm

My #1 amp since 1991 is still my Classic 50 410. Personally, I have about 23 USA Peavey Guitars & 3 Basses. I have Maple, flamed maple and rosewood fingerboard guitars. Single coils and humbuckers and combinations of ea. 3 guitars have Kinman Pups, Avn Blues, Woodstock and 56" models with Duncan lil 59er bridge(SSS), (SSH) (HH) HSH) Falcon Classic 1988-1991, Falcon Standard , and Falcon Customs ( several)1989-1991. Generation Standard, Generation S-1, Generation S-3 Wolfgang stoptails (2 ea) , 25th Anniversary Odyssey ( #001), Limited Standard, Limited VT (3 ea) HB USA Flag, HP Standard Select, and that's just off the top of my head. 5 more amps. All Peavey. When I state, "I Play PEAVEY or I Don't Play" It's just the facts. So I use that amp all the time so, telling you my Wolfgangs are played thru my Classic 50, that goes for all of my Peavey Guitars. This coming August 10 2012 Our High School band called The Spellbinders are playing our 45th High School Union. We all have always been friends since we were teenagers. I will add my Classic 115E cab under the CL50 410. It's going to be awesome.
" I Play Peavey..............or I DON'T Play!!! "

Charlie

RaptorMan

Post by RaptorMan » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:45 pm

I sold my Wolfgang, Like a Fool, It was a USA Made Wolfgang Special Flametop Black I played it threw a 5150 212 at the time with no effects at all & it had plenty of tone, My only problem was the amp was too loud for home use, To get the sound I wanted I had to crank it up a bit & it would blow you away.. I used to use a 30' cord & go into the next room..
I miss both that guitar & amp setup.. Wish I still had them both..
What a mistake I made selling them both..

I'm now looking for good used american made HP, Wolfgang, Vandenberg, T-60 & a Sarzo Bass all @ great prices with little to no use.. Yeah I know..
What I want is out there, It may take a while to find but that's half the fun of finding great gear..
The amp I'm using now is the F word.. Silverface..
Good Luck misterdetail

misterdetail

Post by misterdetail » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:09 pm

Great info, pvholic! You are truly worthy of your name. I had a Classic 30 awhile back that I really enjoyed and coveted a 50/212 for awhile. Should be a fun gig for you and your friends in August.

RaptorMan, I came close to selling my Wolfgang a few months ago and am so thankful I came to my senses before it happened. I'd love to plug it into to a 5150 212 like you had, but I'd be in the same situation you had with volume. Plus with my bad back I'd never get that beast unloaded and in to the bedroom!
Peavey 6505 Piranha