HDH sub ?

This forum is for discussions on all kinds of Peavey speakers and enclosures.
tralfaz

HDH sub ?

Post by tralfaz » Sat May 05, 2012 12:20 pm

I thought I had seen every sub Peavey ever made - but maybe not?

Looking at the add posted in the Project 1 thread - pic shows part of a brochure listing in addition to the FH2 another large folded horn called HDH Sub. Not DTH, not HDH3. Pic is to small and blury to get detail. Iv'e never seen that brochure before either.

Any one know what this sub is?

seprowling

Re: HDH sub ?

Post by seprowling » Sat May 05, 2012 12:34 pm

You can't be old and wise until you have been young and dumb

The U.S. Supreme Court has ruled Corporations are people too~~I want to know when we will see one executed?.

paul

Post by paul » Sat May 05, 2012 12:57 pm

Hello,

it is not a HDH 3 , it is simply a FH 2 on it's side, carpet covered with 8 pin speakon's.

sorry for the low quality picture

Paul from the Netherlands

PS: just orderd 2 QW215 and 2 QW1 loudspeakers :D , gonna use them with my VR218 subs :D available in Europe now !
Attachments
HDH sub.jpg
HDH sub.jpg (98.66 KiB) Viewed 5898 times

seprowling

Post by seprowling » Sat May 05, 2012 1:25 pm

Been a Peavey user since the mid 80's. This must be a product that was either very short lived production or a non US market product. I never have seen one of these either. Sometimes Peavey will introduce a product in another market and never release it in US market. Maybe Marty McCann or someone like Josjor remembers this product and will chime in with more info.

Another Peavey product I have never seen except in a brochure was the UDH sub.

The U.S. Supreme Court has ruled Corporations are people too~~I want to know when we will see one executed?.

1958sedwards

Post by 1958sedwards » Sat May 05, 2012 4:17 pm

Hi

The HDH sub definately did exist and the photo posted by Paul shows that its dimensions are identical to the FH2 folded horn (double 15 folded horn). These boxes were for long throw operation.

Back in their day you could have an entire HDH system (HDH2 - single 15 and 22A manifold on a CH5 flare, HDH3 - double 18 front loaded sub, HDH4 - mid/high package consisting of a horn loaded 12 and the 22A manifold, HDH1 - two 15s, one 12 and the 22A manifold. There was also a HDH monitor which was a single 15 and the 22A manifold on the huge CH5 flare.

It was possible to either use the HDH1 and the HDH sub for a 4 way system or fly the HDH4 and stack the HDH3 and HDH sub. The HDH boxes (except the HDH sub) could also be processed by the HDH processor and as such did not have any passive crossover networks built in to the boxes.

As far as the UDH sub is concerned, yes I have seen and tried to move one of these monsters. These babies had four 15 inch drivers in a bandpass design and were as heavy as lead!! Due to their design and the amount of internal bracing these things went really low and just pounded. Their drawback was it took multiple people to manouver them. Some doorways were not wide enough for them fit through!! A truly serious sub!!

Regards

Steve

Josjor

Post by Josjor » Sun May 06, 2012 6:57 am

seprowling wrote: someone like Josjor remembers this product and will chime in with more info.
You calling me old or something? :evil: :D

We called them the Humping Death Hooters. I've got a customer still using his after all these years. They still thump really well. A little tonally different than what we consider top of the line today, but still, a great sub.
www.yandasmusic.com
Don't believe me. I'm just guessing.
Neutiquam Erro

Dave H.

Post by Dave H. » Sun May 06, 2012 9:02 am

These would be a good match for my HDH244-T cabs :idea:

Dave H. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Dave H. on Sun May 06, 2012 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Will Drum For Money

seprowling

Post by seprowling » Sun May 06, 2012 9:13 am

Josjor wrote:
seprowling wrote: someone like Josjor remembers this product and will chime in with more info.
You calling me old or something? :evil: :D

No way! Josjor, I like to thing of us as "Experienced" lol! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Josjor

Post by Josjor » Sun May 06, 2012 10:53 am

I like the term "chronologically enhanced."

:P
www.yandasmusic.com
Don't believe me. I'm just guessing.
Neutiquam Erro

tralfaz

Post by tralfaz » Sun May 06, 2012 11:09 am

[/quote].........We called them the Humping Death Hooters. I've got a customer still using his after all these years. They still thump really well. A little tonally different than what we consider top of the line today, but still, a great sub.[/quote]

........and we were SURE that FH2 stood for " #$%&ing heavy too ". :D