vintage SP1 Mark III

This forum is for discussions on all kinds of Peavey speakers and enclosures.
worshipleader

vintage SP1 Mark III

Post by worshipleader » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:03 am

I own a set of vintage Peavey SP1 Mark III's. I would like to know what woofer's I can replace the original 15" Eminence woofer's with. I'm pretty sure those aren't made any more. Well, at least I haven't seen anything with a square magnet from Eminence. I really love these speakers and would really like to get them sounding like they used to! Thanks!!!
Attachments
vintage sp1's & sp2's
vintage sp1's & sp2's
peaveys.jpg (41.92 KiB) Viewed 4468 times

Dookie

Re: vintage SP1 Mark III

Post by Dookie » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:29 pm

worshipleader wrote:I own a set of vintage Peavey SP1 Mark III's. I would like to know what woofer's I can replace the original 15" Eminence woofer's with. I'm pretty sure those aren't made any more. Well, at least I haven't seen anything with a square magnet from Eminence. I really love these speakers and would really like to get them sounding like they used to! Thanks!!!
Not sure about the speakers but your photo brought back the past for me. I had a set of the sp1s as well as the sp2A models. My sp1's were the "split" type so I made a SP Sandwich. Folded horn bottom/Sp2/MFX-1 horn on top. Sounded pretty good both close and farther out in the room. I have a photo somewhere I may scan it a put it up.

Thanks for the photo;

Doug

1958sedwards

Re: vintage SP1 Mark III

Post by 1958sedwards » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:44 pm

Hi

Iam pretty sure the replacement speaker for the FH1, Project 2 and the other folded horn enclosures is the Black Widow 1504-4. This is a 4 ohm speaker!

If this is not correct Iam sure others on the board will chip in and correct me.

Regards

Steve