IPR 7500 Video

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey power amplifiers.
Dookie

IPR 7500 Video

Post by Dookie » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:00 am

Not sure if this has been shown/posted here before or not. Here is a video of the IPR7500.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5MLaepR ... e=youtu.be

Dookie

Bassguitarist1985

Re: IPR 7500 Video

Post by Bassguitarist1985 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:46 pm

Wow, thats got to be a 12 or 10 AWG power cable, needs separate 20 amp breaker?!

Holy electrolytic caps batman! I don't see continuous duty being a problem with this size amp

I heard $800 MSRP??

WHEN WHEN WHEN!!???
Pro Audio 16FX2, PV6USB, 2xQF131, QF215, 2x SP2, 2xSP118, 2xPV1600, PV3800, 4xKPC15MP
Bass - Grind 6 NTB 410TVX, 115BVX, MAX700, 210TVX, MiniMega, VB-2, VB-3, VB-MA

SemperFiSound

Post by SemperFiSound » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:46 pm

Bassguitarist1985 wrote:Wow, thats got to be a 12 or 10 AWG power cable, needs separate 20 amp breaker?!
The plug has the NEMA 5-20 prong configuration - won't go into a 15 amp outlet. You got to remember, 7500 Watts from a 120V outlet is ~63 Amps and these devices don't have iron core storage facilities.
Bassguitarist1985 wrote:I heard $800 MSRP??
MAP $799. If you had pre-ordered from Sweetwater, it was $649.
Bassguitarist1985 wrote:WHEN WHEN WHEN!!???
I'm fully expecting mine by Halloween.

Cheers,
Steve
SemperFi Sound; the website
SemperFi Sound On FaceBook
"The Art of War teaches us to rely, not upon the calculated likelihood of
the enemy's coming or not, but on our own readiness to receive him... no
matter what he does." Sun Tzu

SemperFiSound

Post by SemperFiSound » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:08 pm

Well Halloween has come and gone. My two pre-ordered IPR-7500s (May 2012) at $649 each have not shown up yet. The latest delivery date - as of yesterday - according to Sweetwater is 5 December.
Somehow, I think that ain't gonna happen.

Dear Peavey Marketing Department,
If you know that you are NOT going to ship these by the date you promised your distributors, you owe it to them to let them know as soon as possible so they stop making empty promises to your loyal customers.

Your loyal customers understand logistic problems; what we don't understand is the politics and gamesmanship that is occurring with these. People may not like the truth, but if they truly believe it to be the truth, they will learn to deal with it. No one likes games - especially in business.

I would say use your website to keep the populous updated, but for some really bizarre reason we cannot even get corrections to VSX-26 presets from 5 years ago hung there in a timely fashion.

There are two ways to do things, First Class and No Class. Hartley Peavey is a First Class guy. Someone is letting him down somewhere with bad business decisions and a pretty poor "operational coverup" for something that went screwy. Again, we understand screwy. We do not understand being thought of as sheep, just being content no matter what we're told.

Just give us the truth, as in a realistic delivery date. Please bear in mind that Hope is not a plan. Our current administration is proof positive. Any statement with adverbs in it doesn't count.

Your loyal customer,
Steve

PS - I can have my resume and my suit in Meridian in less than 24 hours if you need a no-nonsense OpsO.

ed corlew

Post by ed corlew » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:05 pm

what plug is on the crest 7500?? and do they draw that much?
sp2ti
dth 218b
ipr 3000
ipr 1600

SemperFiSound

Post by SemperFiSound » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:35 pm

The Crest PROLIte 7.5s that I am evaluating have the 20 amp plug as well.

Just do the backwards math Ed:
Assuming no storage capability (it does have some) 7500 Watts of power from a 120 Volt supply requires 62.5 amps.

Doing the math the other way, for a 120 Volt line at 20 Amps, means it could only yield 2400 Watts. Hmm?

For the rest of the story, I defer you to Hartley's White Paper:
http://www.peavey.com/support/technotes ... pter_4.pdf
Happy flushing! :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Steve

UncleTony

Post by UncleTony » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:25 am

I read a thread on this post which was signed "Your loyal customer". My question would be; Why?

I worked for a major retailer for over 38 years and one thing I know. If you want to commit corporate suicide and send your customers somewhere else, the best way to do that is to exhibit corporate arrogance toward those customers. It works every time.

Over the past several years, while Peavey was "marketing" their IPR series, there were a number of occasions where an IPR amp would have fit quite nicely in my rack. But alas those amps could not be had. As a result, I have become a "loyal" customer of another supplier. One who actually delivers and subsequently is deserving of my loyalty.

So WHEN the IPR's actually hits the streets, I don't need them. I already have what I need.
UncleTony

2 SP2, 2 SP218.
4 Peavey QW2, 4 Peavey QW218.
Rack 1: 2 xti 2000, 2 xti 4000, 1 IPR 1600 - VSX26
Rack 2: 2 xti 2000, 2 xti 4000, 1 IPR 1600
four PV15M.
1 PVM46, 1 PVM22, 1 PVM 45iR

http://www.thenephewslive.com, Galena, Ohio

tralfaz

Post by tralfaz » Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:16 pm

SemperFiSound wrote:Well Halloween has come and gone. My two pre-ordered IPR-7500s (May 2012) at $649 each have not shown up yet. The latest delivery date - as of yesterday - according to Sweetwater is 5 December.
Somehow, I think that ain't gonna happen.

Dear Peavey Marketing Department,
If you know that you are NOT going to ship these by the date you promised your distributors, you owe it to them to let them know as soon as possible so they stop making empty promises to your loyal customers.

Your loyal customers understand logistic problems; what we don't understand is the politics and gamesmanship that is occurring with these. People may not like the truth, but if they truly believe it to be the truth, they will learn to deal with it. No one likes games - especially in business.

I would say use your website to keep the populous updated, but for some really bizarre reason we cannot even get corrections to VSX-26 presets from 5 years ago hung there in a timely fashion.

There are two ways to do things, First Class and No Class. Hartley Peavey is a First Class guy. Someone is letting him down somewhere with bad business decisions and a pretty poor "operational coverup" for something that went screwy. Again, we understand screwy. We do not understand being thought of as sheep, just being content no matter what we're told.

Just give us the truth, as in a realistic delivery date. Please bear in mind that Hope is not a plan. Our current administration is proof positive. Any statement with adverbs in it doesn't count.

Your loyal customer,
Steve

PS - I can have my resume and my suit in Meridian in less than 24 hours if you need a no-nonsense OpsO.
AMEN x10 !

I emailed my Sweetwater guy and asked why they continue to play along with this nonsense. The ever forward rolling "happy day" adverts - changing the dates monthly - and worst of all - stating that they will have more of these amps soon ? Like they ever had any??? What a load. Their cred is going down the toilet along with P. (Even MF stopped advertising the hi power IPRs a long time back). Not surprised that my email was ignored.

Like you say - the truth we can deal with - BS, not so much.

This from another loyal customer that still owns and uses much of the Peavey gear I have been purchasing since 1976.

jackson

Post by jackson » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:58 pm

I hear Uncle Tony,
I waited for the IPR4500, now the 5000. Went with another reputable competitor. Didn't want to, but had to at that point. Would love to have had 2 IPR 5000's according to specs. But, Oh well, snooze, you loose only because of marketing technic I would assume.
Jackson

tralfaz

Post by tralfaz » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:41 pm

At least Sweetwater cleaned up their listings of the hi-power IPRs. They now show as a "new" product with no def availability date. Strange the IPR3000 is now listed as no longer unavailable? ( I see a few offered other places yet.) Also looks like the competing "B" amps are now in short supply too? Strange times. Killer products that no one can buy.

I have to wonder - if the hi power class D amps were freely available - at such a low price and weight, and continued great performance - would that obsolete the relativly more expensive heavy iron? Perhaps boat anchor inventory could be a factor in all this? Just thinking out loud. 8)

Josjor

Post by Josjor » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:00 am

Interesting concept: thinking out loud by typing. :D

I don't know what SW's issue is with IPR3000's. I just received a shipment the other day that included IPR1600's and IPR3000's in both the standard and DSP versions. Maybe this is simple fate suggesting that people shop with independent dealers rather than the big-box stores. :D

Just typing out loud here. :lol:
www.yandasmusic.com
Don't believe me. I'm just guessing.
Neutiquam Erro

Peaveypro

Post by Peaveypro » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:27 am

Steve, Thats a gutsy letter but one that should be written and the $$$ lost is a real issue, Ive been a LOYAL peavey user for years, I stood in line for QW gear, Line array gear, VSXs and CS 4080S, Ive seen the announcements at Namm, and in catalogs, heard the tall tales and waited FOREVER...WHO IS THE PERSON RESPONSIBLE, I think Hartley should make someone come here to the forum and explain the reasoning, the thought process for HYPE and VAPORWARE.

I am a loyal Peavey end user who makes his living with there products, I could have used many of these products but like many of you had to buy Crown, QSC, DBX, OR ??? Because I have customers who want the best in gear, and I want to provide it, and cant get an explanation of WHEN....

If I had PAID UPFRONT LIKE MANY PEOPLE HAVE FOR AMPS OR PRODUCTS AND i KNOW OF many many many WHO WERE ABSOLUTELY PISSED OFF when told over and over sorry were not sure, but the stores were left spinning in the wind just like the customers.

Ive wanted the IPR 5000/7500S FOR AT LEAST TWO YEARS, Ive bought Crowns....will I buy these when they arrive, maybe...but again is this the way a GREAT COMPANY does Business, or treats LOYAL CUSTOMERS....If this were a car company or typewriter maker someone would have been fired....

VAPORWARE @ PEAVEY IS WRONG AND NEEDS TO STOP....
PRODUCTION DATES NEED TO BE REALISTIC
DELIVERY DATES NEED TO BE FACTUAL

Signed a TRUE BLUE DYED IN THE WOOL PEAVEY CUSTOMER...

DON LANIER
Don Lanier
Pearl Pro Audio
Facebook.com/PearlProAudio

tralfaz

Post by tralfaz » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:12 am

I guess I've come not to expect too much results from posting here. Don't get me wrong - very nice folks here and helpful info - but look at the numbers. 100, 200, 400 views on a topic ? Pretty small corner of the web compared to some other popular audio forums where views are in the thousands and tens of thousands - some even with participation from company CEOs, for pete's sake.

Detonator

Post by Detonator » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:38 am

Jan. 15th, 2009, Peavey announced the new IPR series. I formulated plans for 9 of the IPR6000s, the only value the 1600 or 3000 have for me is on horns...

from the announcement:

"The Peavey IPR Series power amplifiers will be available from authorized Peavey retailers in Q3 2009"

As with Don L., I'm a staunch Peavey supporter, but this is really pathetic. Bad business. Maybe Hartley should have some coffee with Uli to find out how he got his amps out...

-Tim T

ZEW

Post by ZEW » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:39 pm

I've got two ipr 3000's and i love em. I would love to have two of the ipr5000's but as I read all over the net it seems like they're never going to arrive. Someone needs to provide a real release date for the bigger amps