PV6 usb and Latency

This forum is for talking about all types of Peavey mixers.
gillespo

PV6 usb and Latency

Post by gillespo » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:42 am

Hello,

I' ve just bought a PV6 usb mixer.
I would have thought there would be a driver with it.
Even with asio4all driver, I still have a lot of latency. Is there any driver I could dowload to reduce it?? Or what could I do?

Thanks for answering,

Best regards

byron

Re: PV6 usb and Latency

Post by byron » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:42 am

Hey Gill

I think you may have to give more info here. When are you receiving latency?

I'm not sure this is a driver thing, have you used your USB ports for this sort of an application before? sometimes ports are faulty or old so run slow and thats where you will get latency.

sorry couldn't help more.

gillespo

Post by gillespo » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:11 am

Firstavall, thanks a lot for answering.

Well, actually I work with Cubase SX3 and I use the PV6 USB as a soundcard. I can feel latency when I'm recording an audio track through my pv6 usb (like guitar part, keys parts, vocals...) and also when I'm using some vst instruments.

There is no driver available for the pv6, so, in my Cubase, I have to choose between these ones :

- ASIO Direct X full duplex driver
- ASIO Multimedia driver
- ASIO4ALL (that I've installed)

I use to work with asio4all but I still have latency. It's very annoying especially for recording audio parts in live.

byron

Post by byron » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:42 am

Ok I also just want to check how you are monitoring your mix while recording. Because this is starting to sound like something I've experienced in the past.

When recording do you hear both your backing track and your vocal. and if so is it the vocal or audio being recorded that seems to be latent or is it the backtrack?

The PV series mixers have an arguably different 'monitoring section' than other mixers of the same range.

If you are just monitoring the one signal, the instrument or voice with no back track then I don't see why you'd have latency, but as I say, the PV series are a little weird when it comes to monitoring both at the same time. The voice you are recording will have to be monitored by being sent to the computer then being sent back to the 'tape in', so you naturally get a little latency here.

There is a little speaker looking button on each track in Cubase. this is the monitor button. make sure this is unchecked or not pressed when recording and then let me know if you still get the problems.

gillespo

Post by gillespo » Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:04 pm

Thanks again for answering,

I have latency when i click on the little headphone in Cubase, right.
But I still have latency with my Vst...I can't use them in live, I mean, I'd like to use the PV6 usb as a soundcard so as to use my VST while I'm playing in concert. So I got problem with that latency.
You know what I mean? :)