Peavey deltafex digital effect

This forum is for discussions on the various types of Peavey processors and effects.
vegito

Peavey deltafex digital effect

Post by vegito » Fri May 30, 2014 3:20 am

Hello,

I am heaving a problem with my peavey deltafex.
I bought it online and i have connected to my peavey 16 fx2 mixer.

Connections are from the mixer to the processor

mixer - aux 1 out - input mono to effect - 2 jack's cable output to channel 11 stereo.

Gain on aux 1 is 12 o'clock and on channel also between 9 and 12 o'clock.

input signal on my effects unit 12 o"clock full wet signal and 12 o'clock output.

My problem is when some is singing the device signal led is showing red light so that means i get to hot signal i adjust back aux or input signal what ever i do it go's to red clipping. Maybe my connections are wrong please can someone help me.

Marty McCann

Re: Peavey deltafex digital effect

Post by Marty McCann » Fri May 30, 2014 10:10 am

\You may be sending too much signal due to the input gain and slider of the vocal channels. But right now you need to determin if the unit is working. To test it, I would take a CD player and plug directly into the Deltafex and return the signal into the mixer. If it works fine, then your problem is one of gain structure.

http://peavey.com/support/technotes/
Attachments
12.3 Unity Gain.pdf
(30.07 KiB) Downloaded 323 times
4.0 Mixers.ppt
(433 KiB) Downloaded 311 times

vegito

Post by vegito » Fri May 30, 2014 1:33 pm

Hi, thank you for the tip how to test it.

I have test it with a dvd player audio out to my mixer line in tulp to jack cable. on the mixer i get a clean sound. So i have tried DVD player to the effect unit input Left input --- Output Left to my mixer stereo Line in. If i crank the input signal up then it gone's up to red. The signal is very low input that i gave. I think the unit is bad i have tried a different mixer behringer with aux send and return it sound also very bad.

I used a lexicon and tc electronic devices and non of them react like this.

Dano0369

Post by Dano0369 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:10 pm

Hell-o check how you are -channel 11 stereo, I don't think that's a stereo pair on the fx 16.the stereo is input 13,14. if I remember correctly that's a different gain control. you maybe overdriving the input not meaning to.Also the on board effects of the fxII will do pretty much everything the deltfex can do on board? :arrow:
Dano0369