wireless microphones transmit

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey microphones
zuhilara

wireless microphones transmit

Post by zuhilara » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:44 am

What microphone is good for catching made up voices that aren't the original voice of a person? Like what microphone is good for recording cartoon voices. Like how Damon Albarn does for his singing character 2-D? One that can capture the whole sound of a voice and not a particular sound of the voice, because every one who's a vocalist knows certain microphones capture a certain sound from their voice.
Last edited by zuhilara on Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

Peter Richter

Re: wireless microphones transmit

Post by Peter Richter » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:43 am

Any good quality condenser mic will capture the whole range -
If you after wireless - I use the Sennheisser Evolution series and find them to be very good quality in both the mic response and the wireless functionality
Peter Richter
Brisbane Audio Services - Sound and Lighting for Any Event
Brisbane, Australia
http://www.brisbaneaudioservices.com.au

studiodtk5

Re: wireless microphones transmit

Post by studiodtk5 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:00 pm

We did a fairly exhaustive comparison of wireless microphones recently. Systems from AT, EV, Sennheiser, Shure, AKG, and Clock Audio were included. Most systems were comparable in sound quality. The EV with the RE510 element was the best sounding analogue system. But the Shure digital system, it sounded like a wired microphone. It was excellent. If I remember correctly, it had a Beta 81 element.
As I always state, I don’t know your budget. Different qualities come at different price points. This even applies to Peavey gear. :D
Darren
ITOC: 08-00190

Peavey stuff I have: Masterpiece 50, Custom Shop 212, Stereo Chorus 212, T-60, T-40, Signature Select, Odyssey II Prototype, Generation Custom EXP, Firenza P90-ACM, VB-2, Stomp Boxes, Radial Pro 1000, lots of mics, etc...