Sanpera I switching noise cutout

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
F-Rott

Sanpera I switching noise cutout

Post by F-Rott » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:08 pm

Hello, all!

I did a forum search, did some research here and on YouTube, Google, etc., and came up with nothing, so sorry if I didn't look hard enough.

I have a Sanpera I pedal. I run it through a Vyper 75. Everything usually works great. All I use it for is for 4 Presets in Channel A, and the Volume Pedal.

My problem is, whenever I switch from any preset to any preset, the pedal cuts out for a very short, (but very noticeable), second. My band doesn't want me using it, or just sticking to one preset per song, because it's not smooth when transitioning from one preset to another.

Has this happened to anyone else, or ran into this problem before? It's a great pedal, but unless I can figure this out, its days are numbered.

bgh

Re: Sanpera I switching noise cutout

Post by bgh » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:29 pm

F-Rott, Does it actually cut out (as in going silent), or does it wait a moment before switching?

I had the latter problem with using the looper until I found out that the switches on the Sanpera I do not activate until you release the switch.

I was used to switches that activated when you pressed them. The Sanpera I is the other way around.

Hope this helps.
Lefty guitars: Gibson SG standard (1977)•Gibson LP custom (1979)
Amps : Mesa Boogie Mark IV•Mesa Nomad 45•Mesa TA-30•Vypyr tube 60+Sanpera I
Other: Effectrode Blackbird•Kingsley Jester•AMT SS11-a•Weehbo JCM Ltd.•Zoom G5•J.Coloccia Big Cannoli

F-Rott

Post by F-Rott » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:32 pm

You know what? I might have to try that! Thank you for contributing, whether it works or not!

Unfortunately, my amp is out at the practice spot, and I'm at home. That could possibly be the problem though.

WashburnTabu

Post by WashburnTabu » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:32 pm

It's not the pedal. The switches activate differntly between the san1 and san2 pedal baords. Preset buttons activate on release, be carefull not to over write the preset by holding the button down too long. Changing presets changes the way the dsp (digital signal processor) handles the input signal. The dsp immediatly stops processing the last preset and has to load and start processing the new preset. This can take a few micro seconds and completly stops the previous preset cold/dead in it's tracks. That means no fade of the previous setting.
The only way around this in a live situation is to mute (palm mute guitar) or lower the volume to zero just before the change. You will need to structure your music to accomodate this, like a slight pause, bridge or drum solo/lead guitar thing to distract people from it.
Hope that helps some how.
My name is WT, and I approve this opinion.