multiple amps on a sanpera

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
therumblebox

multiple amps on a sanpera

Post by therumblebox » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:46 pm

i have 2 vypyrs i would like to control with one board. i havent bought a sanpera yet, but i'm wondering if i can do this.
71 LP deluxe goldtop - chris white P90s
10 LTD MH-350NT - pearly gates plus/pearly gates bridge/burstbucker1
99 LTD M-100 - JB/GFS A5 classic
lapsteel made from spare parts and a GFS A2 classic
JSX head, texas heats, iPhone ampkit

MonsterMike

Re: multiple amps on a sanpera

Post by MonsterMike » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:17 pm

ya right. not a chance

Klink

Post by Klink » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:19 pm

Probably not as your Sanpera takes its power from the Vypyr hence once plugged in it cannot also go to a midi thru' box and split its signal into 2 to control the 2 amps. Can't see any way round this - anyone else?

Klink

Post by Klink » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:27 pm

You could however do it with a different pedalboard such as the Behringer FCB1010. It has its own power supply so you would go midi out from it to a midi thru' box then take 2 midi outs from your thru' box to both your Vypyrs. Bear in mind that other pedalboards will be a lot harder to program than Sanpera though!

dalrymple

Post by dalrymple » Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:41 am

I always love a plan to complicate, bypass or otherwise attempt to make stuff do what it dont. Keep us posted.
Dalrymple

kissmyace

Post by kissmyace » Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:34 am

http://forums.peavey.com/viewtopic.php? ... 356#p98356

we talked about this before, but that's as far as we got. Still wish someone would try !
Peavey stuff:
Wolfgang Special
VK 112
Prowler 112
Vypyr 30
DynaBass 5 string
T-Max bass head
Peavey 410 bass cab

KramerGuitars

Post by KramerGuitars » Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:28 pm

dalrymple wrote:I always love a plan to complicate, bypass or otherwise attempt to make stuff do what it dont.
Lol. :lol:

rockmanmd

Post by rockmanmd » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:52 am

I don't control two Vypyrs but do control two midi setups. I run my midi pedal(not Sanpera I use Digitech RP1 or RP12 or Rockamn midi pedal) to my Rockman rack (midi Octopus in) and then midi out to the vypyr midi in and can control both setups from one pedal. If you go with a midi pedal with its own power I think you can get a midi splitter and should work but have not tried this.

Splitter
http://www.samedaymusic.com/product--MSLTHRU

Rock on
Rockmanmd

jpmedina11

Post by jpmedina11 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:51 am

To Control 2 vvypyrs WITH a sanpera pedal, you can take 1 8pin midi cable (provided with sanpera) cut it in half and expose the wires that are color coded, then take a regular midi cable(5pin) and cut one head off and expose the color coded wires and wire it together

So one 8pin end into the sanpera the other 8pin into a vypyr and your remaining 5pin into the other vypyr

The sanpera draws its power from one amp safely and provides data info for both amps respectively

The only other way is to buy the FCB1010, set it up manually or with software to function with the vypyr(out of the box the midi controller can change presets that's it)
So once you set it up as far as you can, you'll realize you need an UNO chip(unofficial software chip) this chip is easy to install and allows things like entering the loop function, tuner, on/off stompboxes and effects but costs an additional $26

Now that u can control 1. Amp with the fcb1010 u now need a midi thru box, and u need one with phantom power as the sanpera draws power via 8pin midi from the vypyr, to control both amps

On one hand the sanpera cable diy method is cheap and guaranteed to function with a vypyr. But if you move to a different amp setup this footswitch is of no use

On the other hand fcb1010 used is $100 new $150
Software is free but time is not, u will be spending lots of time figuring this thing out, midi thru box is $40 with phantom power idk, BUT u can take that setup to ANY 2 amps with midi inputs

Sanpera mod=cheap easy
Fcb1010=$ but universal

wmjones

Post by wmjones » Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:24 pm

Every one seems to overlook one thing. The vypyr's both use midi channel one and I know of no way to change this. If you could find a way to hook the pedal to both amps you will be controlling both amps at the same time. The fcb1010 can assign some presets to channel one and some to channel two but one of the amps would need to be changed to channel two. If someone could find a way to change the amps midi channel please post it.
:) HAPPY DAYS;
8) HAPPY DAYS: