Let's Share Some Vypyr Settings

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
MarkLevin

Re: Let's Share Some Vypyr Settings

Post by MarkLevin » Mon May 25, 2009 1:51 pm

jbsadg wrote:guys i need a good solo tone. i cant seem to find one that sounds decent, every tone i try seems to be to harsh sounding or to muddy. any good solo settings?
I usually use the JSX amp, back the gain down (but not too much) and I use a lot of delay and a bit of reverb, with auto-wah stompbox. It's a good blues-shredder sound.

HeaviestJack

Post by HeaviestJack » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:11 am

Hey guys how's it going? Just got a Vypyr 30 to replace my Spider, and it just sounds soooo much better. Should've just got the Vypyr to begin with, but oh well....

Anyway, can anyone give me a good Adam Jones - like tone? Something like his work on H. ?

MarkLevin

Post by MarkLevin » Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:15 pm

On my last amp (Behringer GMX212) I had an excellent clean sound utilizing chorus and reverb. It sounded pretty much exactly like the clean sound in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCKgFQQrE_c. It constrated my heavy sound perfectly. Does anyone know how I would go about creating a sound like this on my Vypyr 75?

jfhall

Post by jfhall » Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:21 pm

Wow!!

I have been out of commision for a long time and then ended up buying a new Taylor acoustic. I just today dropped the Taylor off for some adjustments and decided to dust of the Vypyr and my electric, OMG!! This is awesome guys :D

Gunner

Post by Gunner » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:37 am

Hello all, this is an awesome forum. I just bought my vypyr a week ago and im just now figuring the thing out. Im looking for some AC/DC settings and maybe a few setting for something like I cant drive 55 and other stuff like that. They may already be here, however, I cant seem to find them.
Last edited by Gunner on Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Epiphone Les Paul Limited
Epiphone SG Special
BC Rich Beast
Peavey Vypyr 75
Orange crush 20

Gunner

Post by Gunner » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:51 am

ChuckyB wrote:I'd just like to send out a big "Thank You!" to all who have posted Vypyr setting for the rest of us to use. Especially to: firemansim, Big Al and geronimo_ds who have gone "above and beyond" to make life easier for Vypyr owners. Most appreciated.
I concur, thanks to all.
Epiphone SG Special
BC Rich Beast
Peavey Vypyr 75
Orange crush 20

Gunner

Post by Gunner » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:49 am

HeaviestJack wrote:Hey guys how's it going? Just got a Vypyr 30 to replace my Spider, and it just sounds soooo much better. Should've just got the Vypyr to begin with, but oh well....

Anyway, can anyone give me a good Adam Jones - like tone? Something like his work on H. ?
I so agree. I have had three Spyders and they cant stand up against the Peavey.
Epiphone SG Special
BC Rich Beast
Peavey Vypyr 75
Orange crush 20

IMTHEPUNISHER

Post by IMTHEPUNISHER » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:10 am

HeaviestJack wrote:Anyway, can anyone give me a good Adam Jones - like tone? Something like his work on H. ?

1st things 1st, you've gotta' use the Diezel-setting :wink: I usually put some kind of overdrive on top of that, and then a flanger on the rack-end for songs like "46 & 2" etc., and then -of course- some degree of delay/reverb. Don't know how well this setup works for "H." . I can provide you with precise EQ settings if you'd like, but this'll get you started.
Guitars: Epiphone Les Paul LP-100 (with many mods), B.C. Rich Bronze Series Warlock, Guitarras Yamato 1968 Model 30 nylon string acoustic

Amps: Crate G10XL - Peavey Vypyr 30

Effects & Controllers: Sanpera II - Zoom 505 - Dunlop Crybaby

HeaviestJack

Post by HeaviestJack » Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:54 pm

IMTHEPUNISHER wrote:
HeaviestJack wrote:Anyway, can anyone give me a good Adam Jones - like tone? Something like his work on H. ?

1st things 1st, you've gotta' use the Diezel-setting :wink: I usually put some kind of overdrive on top of that, and then a flanger on the rack-end for songs like "46 & 2" etc., and then -of course- some degree of delay/reverb. Don't know how well this setup works for "H." . I can provide you with precise EQ settings if you'd like, but this'll get you started.
Hey thanks IMTHEPUNISHER! Its starting to sound close.....
If you could post those EQ settings, I would very much appreciate it.
I'm so glad I found this forum!

soopanova

Post by soopanova » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:01 pm

First off, thanks for the cool Vypyr settings site. I don't have a lot of time in the day so I usually like to get down to playing. The settings that have been posted have saved me a lot of time. When I was younger I remember spending hours tweaking my amps to that "perfect" sound ( which never really existed ).

If anyone has the time and would like to dial in some settings for:

• current Paul Gilbert ( I think he uses a Marshall modern vintage now )
• Fall Out Boy
• standard Jazz tones

Anyway, just throwing that out there for people that like the challenge. I'd definitely appreciate it - but without any expectations of course.

Indyplumber

Post by Indyplumber » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:12 am

Well this is my initial try at Tone matching. Go easy on me.

This is what I've dialed in for Iron Maiden.

Amp - K-Stein RED
Stompbox/Effects - Bypass
Pre Gain is at 6.25
Low is at 6.5
Mid is at 5.5
High is at 4.5
Post is at 4
Delay is off
Reverb is at 2.5
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
MiM Fender Fat Strat - Electric Blue with Maple Neck
Graphtech Nut and Saddles
DiMarzio PAF 36th Anniversary in Neck
DiMarzio Super D in Bridge

Namelessness

Post by Namelessness » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:21 pm

I noticed some people have been looking for jazz settings, and on the Sanpera II there's a preset for that!
So here it is:

Stomp: Squeeze (12:30, and just before 3:00)
Amp: Green Classic
Rack: Pitch shift -12:45, the second one all the way down. This makes it a chorus.
Tone: Just set it warm; low cranked, mids and highs around 9:30
Gain: Pre at 1:30, post cranked
Delay: off
Reverb: 10:30

Also, another sound that I like to use for a MxPx-like crunch:
Stomp: Xr Wild (noon, 9:00)
Amp: Green JSX
Rack: Bypass
Tone: lows just before noon; mids at 10:30; highs at 1:30
Gain: Pre at noon, post just past 3:00
Delay: off
Reverb: off
My current signal path: Cimar strat copy->Ibanez ts-7->Boss mt-2->->Line 6 Verbzilla->Marshall Vibratrem->Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera II

kornowsd

Post by kornowsd » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:12 am

Song or Artist: Randy Rhodes
Stompbox: XR Wild (Param 1: 5.75, Param 2: 3)
Amp Model Used/Green or Red: Plxi (Red)
Effects: Off
Pre-Gain: 5.75
Low:1
Mid:7
High:1
Post Gain: 5

Add FX to taste... personally, I like the "raw" sound of this and will add FX post microphone, during processing, if they're needed. It's close to the original Rhodes tone... This amp could use a modeled MXR 10-band EQ that shifts pre/post amp model and an MXR Distortion +... LOL... I have to admit, though, this tone is close to nailing what comes out of my JVM410 head, when I have the MXR EQ and Distortion+ in front of it... darn close...

Enjoy...

Dar

peaveylover5150

Post by peaveylover5150 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:44 pm

i dont own a vypyr.but ive tried one,and here is a setting I used to get a zz top type of tone:

Stompbox:X-Boost - Optional (P1:4,P2:3+1/2)
Amp model emulation:Plexi on red
Rack Effect:Bypass(P1:Whatever,P2:Whatever)
Pregain:5+1/2
Bass:Cranked all the way down
Mids:All the way up
Treble:All the way up as well
Postgain:7

I also used a separate eq pedal(MXR M108) to boost the high frequencies.ZZtop guitarist actually had modded both his Plexi and JCM800 with a treble booster option...Have fun!!!;D

Terbo

Post by Terbo » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:15 am

shotclock wrote:How about a Zakk Wylde setting. Hope to get a vypyr after work and ditch the Line 6
You're in luck, Zakk's signature pedal is modeled on the amp. As long as you get the 30-watt or bigger...
-Brett

\m/ Main Gear \m/
Ibanez RG321MH #2 w/DiMarzios
Peavey Vypyr 30 - Fangless