Owner's Manual Extras

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
pvampmgr

Owner's Manual Extras

Post by pvampmgr » Wed May 22, 2013 4:04 pm

As some folks have seen, there are a few changes or items left out of the manual. It's because regulations make us get so many translations, so there's a longer lead time. Because of this, I made a file called "Owner's Manual Extras" that I can keep updated based on owner's questions or concerns. I'm attaching it here, because it may not be updated till later tonight.
Attachments
VYPYR VIP Owner's Manual Extras.pdf
(120.05 KiB) Downloaded 4380 times
Michael Smith
Product Manager
Peavey Electronics

jcolpean

Re: Owner's Manual Extras

Post by jcolpean » Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:15 pm

pvampmgr wrote:I made a file called "Owner's Manual Extras" that I can keep updated based on owner's questions or concerns. I'm attaching it here, because it may not be updated till later tonight.
I'm a new Peavey owner....the VIP3 and Sampura 2. Yes, the user manual is painfully thin and I thank you for establishing the "extras" pdf.

A couple things...
1) If there is any intention on updating the pdf since it was posted...I ask that you please add a date or a version number to the naming of the file...so that I can tell if it should be pulled down again.

2) I just received the Sampura II today. The VIP manual has nothing in it about the footpedal operation. The website for the Sampura does not appear to have a user manual posted. Am I missing where it is documented on the various ways this product can be used?

Thanks

Jamie

raichea

Post by raichea » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:32 am

The extras doc mentions being able to change speaker cabinet parameters, but there's no other mention of this apart from restoring the factory settings with a reset. Is there any more info on this?

Thanks, STeve.

raichea

Post by raichea » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:35 am

Bump... no one have the answer?

jds22

Post by jds22 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:57 am

raichea wrote:The extras doc mentions being able to change speaker cabinet parameters, but there's no other mention of this apart from restoring the factory settings with a reset. Is there any more info on this?

Thanks, STeve.
Another bump. Is there any way to change the speaker cab settings similar to the way you could with the original Vypyrs?

markyt1977

Post by markyt1977 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:27 pm

I'm guessing it will be available in the edit software...if they ever release it :roll:

raichea

Post by raichea » Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:13 pm

I asked the question because the very first sentence in the "extras" doc starts with:

"On the Vypyr VIP amplifiers, combinations of buttons can be held while power is applied to select alternate speaker cabinet parameters..."

...which suggests you can do so without the software.

junkerde

Post by junkerde » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:23 am

this is fricken terrible. mention cab switching yet no cab switching mentioned in the doc or anywhere? what is this amteur hour?

raichea

Post by raichea » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:01 am

junkerde wrote:this is fricken terrible. mention cab switching yet no cab switching mentioned in the doc or anywhere? what is this amteur hour?
I agree - this doesn't say a lot for support from Peavey. The extras doc was provided by them, and the question is reasonable. Even if the answer is "No, it can't be changed, that was an error in the extras doc", that would be better than the deafening silence...

Steve.

RareBird0

Post by RareBird0 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:04 am

Geez, my salesman at Guitar Center showed me the Vypyr VIP-2 like he engineered it himself. It seemed easy. Aftr a week I'm still lost in space most of the time. The manual is awful. It's hard to tell what the heck is going on. Unfortunately I had credit with an on-line retailer and bought from them or I'd go back to GC and pick that guy's brain while video-taping. I started a thread here asking if anyone can point me to any instructional videos and got crickets. I however found some but they were heavy on promotion and very very light on details. I'm not sure but I think Peavey expects the forum to be the answer.Waiting for someone to discover your question is not a modality of serious business. I ran into a problem where on the acoustic setting, the knob wouldn't let me access the 12 string. sitar, resonator--just wouldn't go there. I started a thread asking if the acoustic is blocked from using those. More crickets. I did a factory reset and was able to access them with an acoustic but by then I wasn't sure that I was seeing the right thing because the instructions on those button combinations are so short on details it looks as though you could goof that up and not be sure that what you're getting is what you should be.

I got rid of a Fender Mustang amp just because I was sick of wasting time on modelling amps--the idea is to concentrate on music, not interfaces, button combinations, holding this button while tapping that one and if the light turns this is means that, if not it means X, Y or Z. And here i am again with even more of a headache. At least the Mustang had some familiar amp knobs like volume, treble, bass, et al. Companies put so much premium on engineering and then spend money on promos of dudes blasting away. But does anyone ever research how many people who have bought the unit get 100% of the value out of it? I'd bet just like computer software, there ae far more people who just get something to work and guard anyone from touching it because they'll not know how to get it back to doing the minimum task. I know that sounds like heresy, but outside of music I know it to be true, having been an instructional designer, trainer, technical writer on many kinds of systems since the 70's. It stuns that so little premium is put on making sure ALL buyers have state of the art resources to maximize ROI.