Vypyr Pro anounced at Namm.

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
terrybear

Vypyr Pro anounced at Namm.

Post by terrybear » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:11 pm

So ...... Vypyr Pro is now officialy released at namm:
http://www.peavey.com/news/index.cfm/id ... 20the.html

Summery for those whom don't want to look:

VYPYR® Pro Features:

• Over 100 different amp, effect, stompbox and instrument models.
• Advanced WYSIWYG (What you see is what you get) interface
• Four selectable tone model modes with LCD
• Real time control over Delay and Reverb
• Real time model parameter control
• Advanced Bi-Directional USB connector
• On board Tap Tempo
• Studio quality headphone out
• Mp3/CD/Aux input
• MIDI
• Patented Analog TransTube™ preamp
• 100 Watts
• Custom voiced 12" speaker specifically designed for modeling
• Over 500 user assignable presets
• Multi-parameter effects control
• Dual DSP’s for processing speed and capability
• Power Sponge™ output power adjustment
• On board chromatic tuner
• On board over dubbing looper (with optional Sanpera footswitch)
• Effects loop
• Adjustable noise gate
• Multiple delay and reverb types. Tape delay, tube delay, modulation delay, analog delay, digital delay, plate verb, room verb, cathedral verb, hall verb, tile verb, gated verb, spring verb.
• Presence and Resonance adjustment
• Assignable input attenuator
• Built-in microphone simulated direct out
• MIDI output for connecting to the AT200-B breakout box - for changing presets on the AT-200™ guitar. NOTE: additional software required, available at http://www.autotuneforguitar.com

Sanpera® Pro Footcontroller Features:

• 2 expression pedals
• Direct access to all 4 models, plus delay and reverb.
• Boost switch
• Tap Tempo
• Chromatic tuner
• Full looper controls
• Expression pedal assignable to any parameter and is range definable
• Self-powered via VYPYR® amplifier
• MIDI output for connecting to the AT200-B breakout box - for changing presets on the AT-200™ guitar. NOTE: additional software required, available at http://www.autotuneforguitar.com

While it sounds good ..... am I the only of the vypyr tube elitists whom doesn't see this as that impressive so far other then its a VIP - the bass & acoustic simulators? BUT ...... IF there is a tube version of this not far behind & see how it sounds/plays ..... I might be happier about this anouncment. :)
Agile AL-3010 wide
DBZ Imperial FM Honeyburst
Squier 12' Vintage Modified Telecaster Deluxe
Squier 11' Classic Vibe 60's Stratocaster modded
Peavey Valve King 112
Vypyr VIP 2 + Sampera 2

markyt1977

Re: Vypyr Pro anounced at Namm.

Post by markyt1977 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:19 pm

they should have just started out with these , I feel a little....disappointed I bought the regular vip

alienux

Post by alienux » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:36 pm

Any info on price? I didn't see it mentioned in the article.

Also, looks like there is still no Line Out, unless I missed something :cry:

dwimmerlaik

Post by dwimmerlaik » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:02 pm

alienux wrote:Any info on price? I didn't see it mentioned in the article.

From the linked news page...

"The VYPYR Pro also features an analog speaker and microphone simulated direct out for recording as well."

I wish Peavey had better marketing for new products. They have the capability to produce demo videos and have them ready to go at launch but they never do. As a result it takes months to learn what the product does and how it sounds.

There are still no product reviews or demos from Peavey of the new valve king models and they were announced at last year's NAMM.

The VIP page on Peavey.com didn't appear for many months and the demo videos took even longer.

Line 6 has an entire website just for their new amp and it is the first thing you see when you go to their main site. If you go to peavey.com you wouldn't even know the new VIP Pro has been announced.

It seems Peavey is content to let others do their product promotion.
"A lot of people told me I was crazy. In retrospect, they were probably correct." -Hartley Peavey

terrybear

Post by terrybear » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:54 pm

dwimmerlaik wrote:
alienux wrote:Any info on price? I didn't see it mentioned in the article.

From the linked news page...

"The VYPYR Pro also features an analog speaker and microphone simulated direct out for recording as well."

I wish Peavey had better marketing for new products. They have the capability to produce demo videos and have them ready to go at launch but they never do. As a result it takes months to learn what the product does and how it sounds.

There are still no product reviews or demos from Peavey of the new valve king models and they were announced at last year's NAMM.

The VIP page on Peavey.com didn't appear for many months and the demo videos took even longer.

Line 6 has an entire website just for their new amp and it is the first thing you see when you go to their main site. If you go to peavey.com you wouldn't even know the new VIP Pro has been announced.

It seems Peavey is content to let others do their product promotion.
Yeah but the line6 thing isn't more then a glorified PA system .... I know when I seen the Anderton's vid for it earlier today I was like .... oh ... great something else that you need a apple product to control. *grinz*

At least this Vypyr Pro IS a actual guitar amp ... Like you mentioned a demo & more details on the amp like the amps it emulates would have been nicer.
Agile AL-3010 wide
DBZ Imperial FM Honeyburst
Squier 12' Vintage Modified Telecaster Deluxe
Squier 11' Classic Vibe 60's Stratocaster modded
Peavey Valve King 112
Vypyr VIP 2 + Sampera 2

dwimmerlaik

Post by dwimmerlaik » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:41 pm

terrybear wrote:
dwimmerlaik wrote:
alienux wrote: Yeah but the line6 thing isn't more then a glorified PA system .... I know when I seen the Anderton's vid for it earlier today I was like .... oh ... great something else that you need a apple product to control. *grinz*

At least this Vypyr Pro IS a actual guitar amp ... Like you mentioned a demo & more details on the amp like the amps it emulates would have been nicer.

I agree. Apple iAnything is an immediate turn-off for me. I'm sure it has some interesting gizmos but the technology seems focused in the wrong direction. I just wish Peavey would take a page out of their book or Fender's when it comes to promotion of a new product.

Maybe it's because I'm such a gear geek but I want to know everything about new things in the most detail possible as soon as possible.

Anyhoo, there is a new sneak peek video of the Peavey booth including the VIP Pro from the Tone King up now. No actual demo but at least you can get a closer look at it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vhvmjngpr8
"A lot of people told me I was crazy. In retrospect, they were probably correct." -Hartley Peavey

jdalf

Post by jdalf » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:46 am

Boy, they surprised me with this one, looks great, looking forward to trying it out.
My head's in Mississippi

Peavey's: Generation Standard,Limited EXP ST, Falcon Custom,Vypyr 30, VIP 40

davidKOS

Post by davidKOS » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:12 am

Great...I just bought the VIP-2....

rockmanmd

Post by rockmanmd » Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:53 am

I am thinking Peavey pushed out the VIP series to see how it went and even think they took suggestions for improvements before releasing the Vypyr Pro amp. I just spent about $700 on a VIP3, Valveking 112 tube amp and the Behringer FCB1010 midi foot controller so will have to wait and see how the Pro version works out for others and save my pennies. Will go and give it a test drive at my local music store when they get the amp in just to see how it is. I am just guessing but I think the street price might be around $500.

davidKOS

Post by davidKOS » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:27 pm

That would make me feel better if the Pro was in that price range! Also, does it have bass and acoustic guitar amp models too? It didn't seem to specifically say so, but it may.

Also I don't need 100 watts - so far I haven't cranked the VIP-2 beyond 3-4 anyway.

Greg.D

Post by Greg.D » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:20 pm

That would make me feel better if the Pro was in that price range! Also, does it have bass and acoustic guitar amp models too? It didn't seem to specifically say so, but it may.
Says: "Over 100 different amp, effect, stompbox and instrument models."

And, given that it is AT-200 compatible, it could have a huge range of instruments now.

It also said effects loop. So, you can have your pedals, you can have some control of effects outside of the preset parameters, a lot of functionality on the Sanpera, analog distortion (you know how important distortion is to Peavey), it's probably amazingly cool. If it can be as easy to use as the VIP 2 - they should be able to get some traction with this line.

Greg

Greg.D

Post by Greg.D » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:58 pm

davidKOS wrote:Great...I just bought the VIP-2....
I doubt there will be one for sale before 6 months.

It looks pretty cool. The inter-functionality between it and the new Sanpera and between it and the AT-200 is potentially a "new paradigm".

The Line 6 Amplifi - in the same category as the Vypyr Pro - looks cool too and will ship within the week.

Greg

dwimmerlaik

Post by dwimmerlaik » Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:39 pm

Greg.D wrote:
davidKOS wrote:Great...I just bought the VIP-2....
I doubt there will be one for sale before 6 months.

It looks pretty cool. The inter-functionality between it and the new Sanpera and between it and the AT-200 is potentially a "new paradigm".

The Line 6 Amplifi - in the same category as the Vypyr Pro - looks cool too and will ship within the week.

Greg
I'm going to be selling off my VIP 3 also to get the latest and greatest. Fortunately I still have time to love it a bit longer. :)

After watching the Anderton's video I'm completely turned off by that L6 thing. I don't own any Apple iDevices so there's no point in my buying one.

jdalf

Post by jdalf » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:57 am

Really is loaded with features, they put in lots of what we all talked about here, and then some.

They announced the VIP in January, I think I saw the first amp in April or May, I bought the first one I saw. Hmm, time to think about a AT200......

i think it's gonna be a killer.

Oh, yea, thanks for the new amp, Peavey Folk!
My head's in Mississippi

Peavey's: Generation Standard,Limited EXP ST, Falcon Custom,Vypyr 30, VIP 40

JamesPaul

Post by JamesPaul » Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:35 am

jdalf wrote:Really is loaded with features, they put in lots of what we all talked about here, and then some.

They announced the VIP in January, I think I saw the first amp in April or May, I bought the first one I saw. Hmm, time to think about a AT200......

i think it's gonna be a killer.

Oh, yea, thanks for the new amp, Peavey Folk!
Yes, definitely worth noting that features requested on the forum have been included. We saw some of that with the VIPs as well.

The 'time to market' trend also appears to be improving. The original VYPYRs were announced in January and the first amps started showing up in August.
Enzo wrote:I find if the amp is working, that is a good point to stop fixing it.
James Paul's Peaveys
Decade, Classics, Ecoustic, Windsors, VYPYR, Triple XXX, XXL, VKs, Bandit, JSXs, VIP, Piranha and a Penta.