peavey vypyr vip3

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
JamesPaul

Re: peavey vypyr vip3

Post by JamesPaul » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:46 pm

alienux wrote:
JamesPaul wrote:
alienux wrote:Does anyone know where to order that switchable jack from? I looked on monotone's website and I'm not coming up with anything there (or anywhere else I've looked so far). I'm sure I'm probably just not searching for the exact correct part name.
I was likely confusing my topics when I wrote Mojotone. But you can try any of the suggestions above or try Mouser Electronics.

Also by the looks of the jack in that topic, it was likely a Neutrik NMJ4HFD2 jack. That is Mouser Stock # 550-12201.

I should note that unless I've confused my schematics again, the NMJ4HFD2 is a J4 not a J5. Wiring it up will be different, but it should still work. You can probably sort it, but if not I can try finding an example wiring diagram or post one of my famous low quality mobile phone pics of my scribbling. :)
Cool, thanks for the info.
I should Google more often. Here's a super-easy example. Scroll down to "External Speaker Jack". No worries that the VIP3 doesn't have an OT. Just match the polarity of the wires going to the internal speaker.

http://www.rru.com/~meo/Guitar/Amps/Kal ... eaker.html
Enzo wrote:I find if the amp is working, that is a good point to stop fixing it.
James Paul's Peaveys
Decade, Classics, Ecoustic, Windsors, VYPYR, Triple XXX, XXL, VKs, Bandit, JSXs, VIP, Piranha and a Penta.

alienux

Re: peavey vypyr vip3

Post by alienux » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:45 am

Good info, thanks. I had searched for something like that, but had so far come up short.