BC Chorus

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
arc anjil

BC Chorus

Post by arc anjil » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:16 pm

Tried to search for "bc chorus" but the search function kept ignoring "bc". Even Googled it, but no luck.

So what is it? The Vypyr T60 manual gives no clue as to what "bc" means or how it is different (why there is a "BC" in front "chorus).

lionheart

Re: BC Chorus

Post by lionheart » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:20 pm

I heard it stood for Boss Chorus ( 80's Boss two knob analog CE 2 style ) which had to be turned into an acronym for obvious legal reasons - it is a subtle analog effect. The Chorus in the effects section on a Vypyr is a digital chorus which is much more pronounced in effect.
Last edited by lionheart on Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

arc anjil

Post by arc anjil » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:31 pm

Thanks, lionheart. :D

Yeah, I prefer the BC chorus to the longer delay of the Effects chorus. Funny, I'm considering getting a Boss Chorus CH-1 to run through my other amp. I might check out the CH-2 before purchasing.

lionheart

Post by lionheart » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:43 pm

You can get hold of old gnarly 80's CE-2 Boss pedals ( no longer made ) on Ebay but they are usually quite pricey. The Boss Super Chorus CH-1 does a fair impression of the old CE-2 despite current versions being digital and having owned CE-2 and CH-1 pedals ( including both digital and very early analog versions of the four knob CH-1) I honestly can't tell the difference between them if settings are tweaked to user preferences. CE-2s have rate and depth controls only, the CH-1 has added mix and high frequency controls.