Vypyr --> VIP --> Vypyr Pro

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
rockmanmd

Vypyr --> VIP --> Vypyr Pro

Post by rockmanmd » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:03 am

When I went and tried the first Vypyr series at my local music store I was blown away how great they sounded. I started on the Tube 60 and it was just awesome but didn’t have the funds at the time so decided on the Vypyr 30. For $200 what a great little amp with awesome amp models and effects and transtube on top it. It was my go to amp for church and playing at home. I saw the VIP series was out and went to my local Guitar Center and tried the VIP3 first then the VIP2. I went back to the VIP3 and tried a Stratocaster on a clean twin and sounded great. Then I tried an Ibanez RG not sure the model but with a humbucker at the bridge dialed in a nice dirty sound and was really impressed. What sold me was when I tried a Yamaha acoustic guitar on the acoustic amp models. It sounded pretty good. Now I had one amp to take to church for my acoustic and electric with an a/b box to the amp. The worship leader and drummer were very impressed with the sound this amp puts out. The one thing that bummed me out about the VIP series was Peavey got rid of some great amp models(Deluxe, Rectifier and JSX for me) from the original Vypyr. To my point it looks like from what I have read and seen on videos Peavey took are suggestions and complaints and seemed to address some of them in the new Vypyr Pro amp. It is a dedicated guitar amp unlike the VIP series. They have added back it seems most of the models from the original series as well as keeping the models from VIP series. Now has an effects loop. Control for the noise gate. An improved looper. Has a presence and resonance adjustment. More options on the delays and reverbs. A line out. So if this amp is as good as advertised let’s give Peavey some credit for listening to their customers. Peavey if you are listening there are some more things to consider for this new amp series. You should have a tube version of this one just like the first series. Also a lower model like a 40 or 50 watt with the same features. And very important an improved and functional software interface to the amp.