NAD: Vypyr T120H :)))))

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
vick1000

NAD: Vypyr T120H :)))))

Post by vick1000 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:48 am

Hell Yeah!!!

This thing rocks hard. I can't believe these aren't more popular. My only concern will be reliability, that's alot of heat inside the chassis for a DSP. I have not had a chance to crank it yet, but at bedroom levels it is freakishly realistic to the real deal amps it models. I have always hated modelers by other companies (except Fractal and Kemper of course), and I was very skeptical going into this. But after trying the JSX model, and owning the real amp, I couldn't believe how much it nailed the JSX Ultra channel.

I only got it home after work (2330) since I picked it up from GC on the way, so I have only had about an hour messing with it. But I already defanged her, and plan to grill the front with something. Firmware upgrade went smoothly with the M-Audio Uno and Windows 7 64 bit, that was a suprise.

Does anyone know what the changes are in the betas 1.66 and 1.65, and are they stable? Also I would like to know what the hold downs are for factory reset, but I assume the FW flash took care of that.

Pics, more opinions, and possibly clips to come.

If it does not break down

alienux

Re: NAD: Vypyr T120H :)))))

Post by alienux » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:05 am

I don't believe that the firmware would reset the amp to factory settings. I have a VIP, not a first gen Vypyr, but firmware updates have never changed any of my custom settings. I'd imagine its the same for the first gen amps.

According to this ehow page I found with a quick search, you hold down buttons 1 & 2 while powering the Vypyr on, and hold them until the lights come on. Sounds pretty similar to what you do on the VIP (except the buttons are labeled A & B).

http://www.ehow.com/how_7662506_reset-v ... aults.html

vick1000

Post by vick1000 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:11 pm

I cut down some gutter screen material, folded and pressed it a few times on the top, painted it flat black, put tree nuts in the original holes for the front panel screws, and fastened the grill with hex bolts and beveled washers. The logo is just clamped on with some pick guard screws and a thin piece of wood painted black.

Fastwind

Post by Fastwind » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:35 am

Nicely done !!