So for those wondering whats going on with vypyr pro's

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
terrybear

So for those wondering whats going on with vypyr pro's

Post by terrybear » Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:23 pm

I actualy found a retailer up here in Canada with it listed but no price so I contacted them & got this response:
"Hi Terry,
Peavey Vypyr Pro 100 amps are on an extended back order delay. We’ve had two of them on order for store stock since February. Our Purchasing Department are looking into this, and will hopefully find out an ETA that I can pass along to you. I’ll be in touch as soon as I’ve heard back from them.

Thanks,

Rail
Cosmo Music Support

Cosmo Music – The Musical Instrument Superstore! "

So ..... REALY has me wondering whats going on here with this massive delay? :shock: :?
Agile AL-3010 wide
DBZ Imperial FM Honeyburst
Squier 12' Vintage Modified Telecaster Deluxe
Squier 11' Classic Vibe 60's Stratocaster modded
Peavey Valve King 112
Vypyr VIP 2 + Sampera 2

terrybear

Re: So for those wondering whats going on with vypyr pro's

Post by terrybear » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:14 pm

Well here's a update on things as I just got a response back from the Canadian rep.
"Hi Terry,

Unfortunately, we did not receive good news from Peavey on the Vypr Pro 100 amp. Based on production scheduling, they’re not going to have anything available to ship until mid November. If you’d still like to order one, you can do so as a pre-sold order through our website, but that will be quite a lengthy wait.

Sorry for the bad news, please let me know if there are any other amps you’re considering and I can check stock or availability for you.

Thanks,

Rail
Cosmo Music Support"

Im in shock ..... starting to think that amp repair, final guitar purchase & a cheap standy amp is in order .... :/
Agile AL-3010 wide
DBZ Imperial FM Honeyburst
Squier 12' Vintage Modified Telecaster Deluxe
Squier 11' Classic Vibe 60's Stratocaster modded
Peavey Valve King 112
Vypyr VIP 2 + Sampera 2

jds22

Post by jds22 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:20 pm

Not what I wanted to hear.

:cry:

lionheart

Post by lionheart » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:47 pm

Look on the bright side - it's probably better we wait and get something that works (hopefully) rather than a half-cocked, half-baked, half-idea that was rushed out to pip the opposition at the post - ring any bells ????????

jds22

Post by jds22 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:56 pm

lionheart wrote:Look on the bright side - it's probably better we wait and get something that works (hopefully) rather than a half-cocked, half-baked, half-idea that was rushed out to pip the opposition at the post - ring any bells ????????
You've obviously bought a Vypyr in the past.

lionheart

Post by lionheart » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:36 pm

jds22 wrote:
You've obviously bought a Vypyr in the past.

You got me well worked out - but I waited 'til 2 months ago to get hold of a Vypyr 30 ! Seriously, my Vypyr 15 (modded to death with all conceivable bells and whistles) has never once failed me (firmware 1.58 as is my V30) however, the horror stories of the first run of the Vypyr put me off purchasing for quite a few years and I really don't want to see Peavey shoot themselves (or me ) in the foot again ! Mass product returns and forums full of negative vibes don't keep the coffers full or the punters happy !

dwimmerlaik

Post by dwimmerlaik » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:06 am

Anyone interested can read my comments in the other VyPro update thread...

http://peavey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=35874
"A lot of people told me I was crazy. In retrospect, they were probably correct." -Hartley Peavey