any word on which amps are modeled in the Vypyer Pro ?

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
studio deluxe

any word on which amps are modeled in the Vypyer Pro ?

Post by studio deluxe » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:09 pm

Just wondering
1983 Ibanez Roadstar RS125
2011 Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe
2012 Seagull Mini Jumbo
Vypyr 15

jds22

Re: any word on which amps are modeled in the Vypyer Pro ?

Post by jds22 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:44 am

I could be wrong but I think one of the videos mentioned quite a few from the original Vypyr which in my opinion is a good thing.

lionheart

Post by lionheart » Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:00 am

Including the Vypyr series 1 amp simulations on the Vypyr Pro is an excellent idea. I have deliberately not purchased a VIP series amp because all the amp models I love from the first series amps have been omitted. To my mind this makes the VIP series a "jack of all trades master of none" for those of us like me who are more dedicated 6 string solid body electric players rather than occasional Bass and Acoustic dabblers. I look forward to trying a Vypyr Pro out sometime, which here in the U.K. could be a while. I can't imagine Father Christmas's sleigh being too weighed down with them yet !

dwimmerlaik

Post by dwimmerlaik » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:36 pm

I actually went through some of the videos and took screenshots of the model slots and compiled all of them into one place. Yes, I'm a huge Peavey loving nerd :)

Not all of them are amp models but you can get an idea of some of them. Click the link below and enjoy!

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing
"A lot of people told me I was crazy. In retrospect, they were probably correct." -Hartley Peavey

wmjones

Post by wmjones » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:36 pm

Looks kike the vypyr pro 100 is available on the full compass site.

http://www.fullcompass.com/search.php?t ... %5B%5D=PVE

However does not say if in stock.
8) HAPPY DAYS:

dwimmerlaik

Post by dwimmerlaik » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:51 am

wmjones wrote:Looks kike the vypyr pro 100 is available on the full compass site.

http://www.fullcompass.com/search.php?t ... %5B%5D=PVE

However does not say if in stock.

Wow! Thanks for this!
"A lot of people told me I was crazy. In retrospect, they were probably correct." -Hartley Peavey

levander

Post by levander » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:20 pm

dwimmerlaik wrote:I actually went through some of the videos and took screenshots of the model slots and compiled all of them into one place. Yes, I'm a huge Peavey loving nerd :)

Not all of them are amp models but you can get an idea of some of them. Click the link below and enjoy!

I don't see anything about Budda or Marshall amps in there that were on the Vypyr VIP. That doesn't mean they're not in there does it?

jds22

Post by jds22 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:51 pm

levander wrote:
dwimmerlaik wrote:I actually went through some of the videos and took screenshots of the model slots and compiled all of them into one place. Yes, I'm a huge Peavey loving nerd :)

I don't see anything about Budda or Marshall amps in there that were on the Vypyr VIP. That doesn't mean they're not in there does it?
FYI, the VIP does not have any Marshall amps but the original Vypyrs did. The VIP has the PV Butcher and an amp called Brit which I think is supposed to be a Vox.

levander

Post by levander » Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:45 pm

Yeah, I had read on a blog post somewhere that Butcher was a Marshall amp. But quick googling shows Peavey made their own series called Butcher. I find it hard to believe Peavey would have given a Marshall amp that nickname when they made their own amps already called that. Can't imaging you're not right.

jds22

Post by jds22 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:30 pm

levander wrote:Yeah, I had read on a blog post somewhere that Butcher was a Marshall amp. But quick googling shows Peavey made their own series called Butcher. I find it hard to believe Peavey would have given a Marshall amp that nickname when they made their own amps already called that. Can't imaging you're not right.
I've never played a real PV Butcher but I can say that the Butcher model in the VIP does not sound anything like the Plexi model from the Vypyr.