Original Vypyr series removed from Peavey.com

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
dwimmerlaik

Original Vypyr series removed from Peavey.com

Post by dwimmerlaik » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:06 pm

I just went to the Peavey site and the original Vypyr series has been removed from the instrument amplifier product list.

:cry:

Sad. The end of one era and the beginning of another I guess.
"A lot of people told me I was crazy. In retrospect, they were probably correct." -Hartley Peavey

vick1000

Re: Original Vypyr series removed from Peavey.com

Post by vick1000 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:37 pm

I'm glad I found my Tube 120 head before they become "rare". The "plasti-fang" Batman amps had a good run, may their gold colored faceplates live on in the hearts of the PV faithful :)

Seriously though, best modelers of their time period, hands down.

dalrymple

Post by dalrymple » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:08 am

We are all still waiting patiently for a really improved version. Havent seen one yet, certainly not the VIP series. Nice, but not sounding any better. Merely a small evolutionary bump. Looked like less of the same to me when I went to buy one. I didnt.

Can the Vypro, with tubes ultimately added, produce a bunch of new models with the real tones cranking through a few KT66's? If it doesnt sound any better than a Tube 60, or at least offer a LOT more, where's the real progress? Improved functionality is nice, but limited models and bass capability were not high on anyone's wish list that I can recall.
We want it ALL. Crank this bitch up!
Dalrymple

vick1000

Post by vick1000 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:07 pm

Well the Pro version with four slots up front to put whatever you want in them, that's a big step. If they make a tube head with the Pro features, it would induce some serious GAS for me. Only problem is, I would probably do like I always do with new tech, let the early adopters work out all the bugs and do all the beta testing, before I spend any of my money.

bgh

Post by bgh » Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:12 pm

Dalrymple, you have echoed my sentiments rather nicely. I have always been very well pleased with the way my Tube-60 sounds. Some models I use, some I don't. But I do like having the selection available. There were some things that (in my opinion) needed to be done to bring it to the next level. The VIP is a lateral step, not a vertical step.

As I have stated in another thread, my Tube-60 is not in as high a use as it used to be, but it has nothing at all to do with the sound. Mine has started having some issues where it decides to reboot (and sometimes, shutdown) at the most inopportune times.

I am still curious to see what the Vypro brings.
Lefty guitars: Gibson SG standard (1977)•Gibson LP custom (1979)
Amps : Mesa Boogie Mark IV•Mesa Nomad 45•Mesa TA-30•Vypyr tube 60+Sanpera I
Other: Effectrode Blackbird•Kingsley Jester•AMT SS11-a•Weehbo JCM Ltd.•Zoom G5•J.Coloccia Big Cannoli