Where are the Sanpera 1 Pedals? What is the delay?

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
Raadghast

Where are the Sanpera 1 Pedals? What is the delay?

Post by Raadghast » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:27 am

I have recently purchased a Vypyr 3 amp and would like to get the most out of it, for which I need at least a Sanpera 1 footswitch, when I bought the amp I was told that Peavey were showing the S1s coming in at the end of July... on checking today it is now predicted 30th August!!!

Hey guys what's causing the delay, it's costing you money in lost sales and I'm annoyed I can't use all the amp's functionality without the S1 Pedal :(

Can you advise please?

Thanks

terrybear

Re: Where are the Sanpera 1 Pedals? What is the delay?

Post by terrybear » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:13 am

Well, not to sound rasist but by your username maybe in your part of the world peavey has the vip 3's come to market?

Either way, the problem is as it looks right now Vypyr's are in transition & peavey's bringing out a Sampera Pro (msrp $249-299 if I remember correctly) pedal to go with the so called launched Vypyr Pro amp. Anything Gen 1 vypyr related including the silver colored sampera 1 & 2 pedals there probly discontinuing cause they don't sell a lot of them.

So my guess is that the only way to get a sampera 1 or 2 even might be ebay or the used market.
Agile AL-3010 wide
DBZ Imperial FM Honeyburst
Squier 12' Vintage Modified Telecaster Deluxe
Squier 11' Classic Vibe 60's Stratocaster modded
Peavey Valve King 112
Vypyr VIP 2 + Sampera 2

wmjones

Post by wmjones » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:15 pm

Raadghast wrote:I have recently purchased a Vypyr 3 amp and would like to get the most out of it, for which I need at least a Sanpera 1 footswitch, when I bought the amp I was told that Peavey were showing the S1s coming in at the end of July... on checking today it is now predicted 30th August!!!

Hey guys what's causing the delay, it's costing you money in lost sales and I'm annoyed I can't use all the amp's functionality without the S1 Pedal :(

Can you advise please?
where are you looking? Every site I checked has them. If all else fails, try eBay.

Thanks
Last edited by wmjones on Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
8) HAPPY DAYS:

Raadghast

Post by Raadghast » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:32 pm

Well, user ID is a derivation of Radaghast who was the brown wizard in the Lord of the Rings books by Tolkein. I can trace my English ancestry back to the doomsday book and beyond, fyi :roll:

And if Peavey don't support the UK then I'll be very surprised:-)

Interesting to hear about discontinuance of pedals that are currently recommended for one of their very latest amps?

I'm going to contact the UK support/rep and see what he says... I'll advise later, probably next week.

Cheers

terrybear

Post by terrybear » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:00 pm

Well, again why I said what I did .... been on the net since 96' .... not everyone uses exact personal info in there usernames. Plus im not that into LOTR's so sorry I didn't get that. lol :)

But now that you mention uk ..... that IS very odd that any of the uk rep's wouldn't have the Sampera 1 or even 2 around in stock. That said again maybe try local uk classified for 1 or even the 2 .... Myself I I got a great deal on a Vypyr Tube 60 & Sampera 2 used for $300 cnd and I will say IF you can afford to get the 2, do so cause you'll truly utilize your vip 3 that way more.

Good luck otherwise & do let us know. :)

Raadghast wrote:Well, user ID is a derivation of Radaghast who was the brown wizard in the Lord of the Rings books by Tolkein. I can trace my English ancestry back to the doomsday book and beyond, fyi :roll:

And if Peavey don't support the UK then I'll be very surprised:-)

Interesting to hear about discontinuance of pedals that are currently recommended for one of their very latest amps?

I'm going to contact the UK support/rep and see what he says... I'll advise later, probably next week.

Cheers
Agile AL-3010 wide
DBZ Imperial FM Honeyburst
Squier 12' Vintage Modified Telecaster Deluxe
Squier 11' Classic Vibe 60's Stratocaster modded
Peavey Valve King 112
Vypyr VIP 2 + Sampera 2

alienux

Post by alienux » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:09 am

I thought they had discontinued the silver versions but were still making the black versions to go with the VIP amps. Are those newer black ones going out of production?

If so, I'm glad I got mine when I did.