VIP 2 & Sanpera 1 Bank access using 4 footswitches

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
erky32

VIP 2 & Sanpera 1 Bank access using 4 footswitches

Post by erky32 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:13 am

I'm just trying to get to grips with my new combo.
I bought it to use with a Godin Ultra A6 hybrid, ...the idea being it would be easy to switch from acoustic mode to driven electric with a footswitch. The sounds available are encouraging, but I dont seem to be able to change banks on the fly using the footcontroller.
Once in a bank the footcontroller will select any one of the four patches OK, but the trouble is that you don't seem to be able to mix patches within a bank (eg Acoustic TA & a Classic +TSC), so you have to change bank mid-song to get the other sounds.

ALSO ....another observation is that it seems I have to hit 3&4 a second time to get out of LOOPER mode, you cant leave it in LOOPER mode then expect BANK to switch.

Have I got a quirky model or am I just not doing it right!!?? .....look forward to anybodys help!

wmjones

Re: VIP 2 & Sanpera 1 Bank access using 4 footswitches

Post by wmjones » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:16 pm

erky32 wrote:I'm just trying to get to grips with my new combo.
I bought it to use with a Godin Ultra A6 hybrid, ...the idea being it would be easy to switch from acoustic mode to driven electric with a footswitch. The sounds available are encouraging, but I dont seem to be able to change banks on the fly using the footcontroller.
Once in a bank the footcontroller will select any one of the four patches OK, but the trouble is that you don't seem to be able to mix patches within a bank (eg Acoustic TA & a Classic +TSC), so you have to change bank mid-song to get the other sounds.

ALSO ....another observation is that it seems I have to hit 3&4 a second time to get out of LOOPER mode, you cant leave it in LOOPER mode then expect BANK to switch.

Have I got a quirky model or am I just not doing it right!!?? .....look forward to anybodys help!
The sanpera 1 is limited in what you can do. With factory amp settings you can access only banks A and B with the sanpera 1. to access all 4 banks you need to turn on the amp while holding buttons B and D on the amp ( a one time thing). this gives access to all 4 banks. You have to step on button 1 and 2 each time you want to change banks. To do what you want you can reprogram patches within a bank . You could reprogram a bank to 2 electric presets and 2 acoustic presets.

:) HAPPY DAYS AHEAD;
Last edited by wmjones on Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
8) HAPPY DAYS:

erky32

Post by erky32 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:54 pm

Hi ...thanks for that! ....
Just tried what you said, but when i tried to save an acoustic patch into B bank, ...the C bank started flashing. Similarly when i tried to save an elec patch into C, both A and B started flashing.

I did what you said, powered up with my foot on switches 3& 4. Both with and without guitar plugged in.

propbeanie

Post by propbeanie » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:07 pm

wmjones wrote:... you need to turn on the amp while holding buttons 3 & 4 ( a one time thing)...
I believe he means the buttons on the amp. At least, that's the way the "fancy" stuff on my Vypyr works.
84 PV T60, Heritage, Vypyr 30, SanperaII; Win7-64 Home Prem SP-1
& updated - Intel DP43BF P43 w/ Core2 Quad Q8300 4G RAM - ATI
HD 4550 512MB vid - 2xWD Blk SATA 3 750G HD, Asus BD-RW -
EMU 1820M w/ Reaper-64 3.78 - PV ReValver 4 - ADA8000 - LM16

erky32

Post by erky32 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:46 pm

Thanks both replies... I think I'm getting there!
after several attempts I am able to get two electric patches and two acoustic into Bank A. I'm not fully confident that I knew what I was doing, because I lost the light show, and then re-instated it later with the same buttons, but at least now I have one bank that does what I wanted originally!
I couldn't get Bank C to save elec patches though, maybe its only A & B that will work hybrid??
I can see I'm on a big learning curve here, but I enjoy the results to date , ....it's satisfying exactly what I was after .....and the sounds with my Godin are the best to date!
Thanks for your help so far, and I'm grateful to receive any other gems of info you have on this amp/pedal combo.

wmjones

Post by wmjones » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:49 pm

Thank you propbeanie; I meant buttons B and D on the amp. I will correct that on my original post.

:) HAPPY DAYS AHEAD;
8) HAPPY DAYS:

erky32

Post by erky32 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:04 am

Brilliant, ....B & D did the trick, now I'm rockin' ......I'm really enjoying this outfit now !
Thanks guys!! :D