VIP 3 Preset Help

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
Painkiller

VIP 3 Preset Help

Post by Painkiller » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:36 am

I just picked up a VIP3, but have found myself quite frankly clueless as to configuring presets and getting the sound I want. I've started studying the manual and all that to try get some background information on everything, so it's still ongoing.

However, my first newb dilemma is this.

I have found this website http://www.vypyrsettings.fr/ which I thought would be pretty much all I need. Just configure the amp as instructed, and there you go.

However, it appears to me that these settings do not apply to the VIP3. Example:

This is basically the sound I really want for now "Metallica Live Distortion" as listed on the site.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... 1StAUZvDkI

But firstly, there is no "X Boost" under the VIP3 stompboxes, nor is the DZL setting under amps.

Then, I do not know which base preset to choose to start doing manual configurations from, or which setting to 'start from scratch from' basically. Using a normal 6 string.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, even just a pointer in the right direction. Would just like to get the abovementioned sound out of the amp for now.

wmjones

Re: VIP 3 Preset Help

Post by wmjones » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:47 pm

I don't know the parameters for what you want, but the chart you are using is not for the vip series. They are the stumps, amps and effects of the original series vypyr. You need to download a vip series manual for the correct stumps amps and effects.
8) HAPPY DAYS:

Klink

Post by Klink » Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:08 pm

...or even 'stomps' (not stumps).

Painkiller

Post by Painkiller » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:48 pm

Damn, so the vypyrsettings site will be of no use to me?

Is that "Metallica Live Distortion" sound in the youtube vid achievable with the VIP3?

wmjones

Post by wmjones » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:56 pm

Is that "Metallica Live Distortion" sound in the youtube vid achievable with the VIP3?[/quote]

Not my style music, but try tubescrm (tsc) with butcher (red) amp. Experiment, You will find what you are looking for.
8) HAPPY DAYS:

Painkiller

Post by Painkiller » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:08 am

wmjones wrote:Not my style music, but try tubescrm (tsc) with butcher (red) amp. Experiment, You will find what you are looking for.
Cheers for the help. Will first off try the exact settings in my OP, just with that s/b and amp.