vip 1 cutting out clean sounds

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
nochickenhead

vip 1 cutting out clean sounds

Post by nochickenhead » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:20 am

Hello there.
please excuse my not so good English writing
i am new here and i think i am at the right spot for questions about the vypyr vip 1 amp.

two things bother me with this amp.
1. with a clean amp setting with a little edge playing with soft attack it cuts out the tone.
i know my guitar and it has a good sustain, but the amp does not let it softly note out.

2. i found out in a setting that using the stomp box screamer when i turn up the level, going over 50% the total amp volume decreases.

And maybe a stupid question , what button do i use to store a setting when not using the pc software?

kind regards from the netherlands

nochickenhead

Re: vip 1 cutting out clean sounds

Post by nochickenhead » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:37 pm

found one answer about saving a preset without the pc software
Saving Presets on VIP 1 and VIP 2
To save changes to the current preset over a different preset, press and hold its bank button until its LED begins to blink. The LEDs for any other banks in which the preset can be saved will also blink. Select the bank to save in by tapping the desired bank button - it will continue to blink but the other bank LEDs will turn off. If the bank LED is not the color of the desired preset to overwrite, tap the bank LED again until the color matches the desired preset number. To complete the save, press and hold the bank button until the LED stops blinking. Pressing the Tap Tempo button cancels the save.

nochickenhead

Post by nochickenhead » Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:22 am

i would like tot update this topic.
i think i now know the problem of cutting out the clean sound.
when i use the budda patch in clean mode with the Tsc effect this cuttin of the sound is dramatic.
it gets worse when you turn down the volume of the guitar en starts sounding as a volume swell.
it seems the Tsc module is not working ok, because switching it of and putting the budda patch in a higher gain setting with the amp button it does not has the problem at all.
when will there be a software fix?

Rob22315

Post by Rob22315 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:47 am

Regarding #1 - it sounds like the noise gate is set high and is cutting out your signal when you play softly. I don't have a Vypyr so I can't say whether or not the noise gate setting can be changed. You might check other Vypyr threads to see if this question has been answered. I recall a thread on this within the last 2-3 months.
Peavey Transformer 112 (2) and 212.
Peavey Generation EXP