Peavey Vypyr 15 "Octaver" Assistance

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
AlucardVanHellspawn

Peavey Vypyr 15 "Octaver" Assistance

Post by AlucardVanHellspawn » Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:40 am

Hello there, I am new to the forum and this amp is quite a step up from my previous amp which I had for 6 years, I am not ashamed to admit that I am not an expert on an amp of the caliber that the Peavey Vypyr 15 is. I was wondering if this is how the Octaver is supposed to function or if I can reconfigure it to suit what I am trying to do (if so what should I do?). There is a delay when playing a note, it will play, in a way, 2 notes the first of which being higher in pitch than the other and whilst using chords of any sort, even power chords, the sound is not very clear. I have been suggested by other local guitarists to get a higher wattage but I am on government disability for aspergers syndrome so it is not really in my budget, in addition my go to store for equipment no longer has Peavey Vypyr (they change their stock every few months, they had line 6 then replaced it with Peavey Vypyr and now who knows what they have in stock), so I guess what I am looking for is the best solution for what I have to work with as is.

What I want to use the octaver for is Drop D riffs, powercords and scales with the effect a clear note an octave lower. As I continue my dive further and further into heavier sounds (both tuning and effects) I eventually want to have the heaviest and lowest pitch possible. I currently have an Ibanez Gio GRX70QA.