Vypyr VIP instrument types

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
runderwo

Vypyr VIP instrument types

Post by runderwo » Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:52 am

Hoping someone can help me with this. Why is there 'Electric 1' and 'Electric 2' in the instrument types? Have looked everywhere but can't find an answer. Sure it's something simple, but it's eluding me! Thanks.

Polaris2040

Re: Vypyr VIP instrument types

Post by Polaris2040 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:27 pm

I think it's because Banks A&B are for electric guitar input settings, C is for acoustic input settings and D for bass input settings. I could be wrong, however that's what I've been able to determine.

katsbls

Post by katsbls » Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:02 pm

I was wondering the same thing, but is there any diffence between the 2 electric guitar instrument types? Do they do the same thing or do they have different amps or inst/stomp setting?

wmjones

Post by wmjones » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:48 pm

katsbls wrote:I was wondering the same thing, but is there any diffence between the 2 electric guitar instrument types? Do they do the same thing or do they have different amps or inst/stomp setting?
To put this in plain English it is to give you 8 presets if you do not have a sanpera 2. You con also hold buttons B and D during startup to release all 4 banks to any type of preset you want.
8) HAPPY DAYS:

terrybear

Post by terrybear » Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:20 pm

Further to what wmjones posted & now having my vip2 now for a week with my sanpera 2 ( btw rev.1/gen1? - the manual shows a screw to turn on the wah you adjust on the bottom of the foot control mine doesn't have it at all? o.O ) ...... instrument / electric 2 bank I believe is for the banks of guitar emulations like sitar, resonator, e-violin, synth, 12 string, acoustic 1 /2, baritone & etc. Oddly enough the bass emulator actualy resides on the banks with the bass settings lol

Btw im posting up a lot of short video's of the amp in action on my yourtube channel. I'll post it on here in a separate posting later today/tonight.
Agile AL-3010 wide
DBZ Imperial FM Honeyburst
Squier 12' Vintage Modified Telecaster Deluxe
Squier 11' Classic Vibe 60's Stratocaster modded
Peavey Valve King 112
Vypyr VIP 2 + Sampera 2