VYPYR VIP amp for jazz?

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
Vic155

VYPYR VIP amp for jazz?

Post by Vic155 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:24 pm

Hi,

I have a Vypyr VIP1 and will be playng some old school jazz on it - I want that warm fat
sound out of it but still with good tone.

Therefore, I want your jazz settings on this amp so I can try them - and hopefully save myself some time finding them.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks. :P

lionheart

Re: VYPYR VIP amp for jazz?

Post by lionheart » Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:09 pm

I would suggest the B-Kat amp clean (green LEDs) with the Squeeze effect ( parameter 1 @ 11 O'Clock and parameter 2 @ 3 O'Clock ) to give a softer attack and smooth longer sustain. Turn the eq controls all to 12 O'Clock then add Lows and Mids whilst reducing Highs to taste. Should get you into super clean fat smooth jazz territory.

Vic155

Post by Vic155 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:47 pm

lionheart wrote:I would suggest the B-Kat amp clean (green LEDs) with the Squeeze effect ( parameter 1 @ 11 O'Clock and parameter 2 @ 3 O'Clock ) to give a softer attack and smooth longer sustain. Turn the eq controls all to 12 O'Clock then add Lows and Mids whilst reducing Highs to taste. Should get you into super clean fat smooth jazz territory.
Sounds like you have a different model to me - my VIP1 doesnt have a B-Kat amp model name.
However your suggestions will be helpful because I can try your settings on the amp models I do have (British, Butcher,Classic, XXX, 6534+,6505+,Budda,Twn).

So thanks for that. (I guess the Twin, Budda, and XXX will be my best bet).

lionheart

Post by lionheart » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:12 pm

Apologies - the Bud or the Twin clean would be ideal with the Comp effect. I forgot the VIP has lost the excellent B-Kat model that the 1st series Vypyrs had and the "Squeeze" effect is now called Cmp (next to Ch).

Vic155

Post by Vic155 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:52 am

lionheart wrote:Apologies - the Bud or the Twin clean would be ideal with the Comp effect. I forgot the VIP has lost the excellent B-Kat model that the 1st series Vypyrs had and the "Squeeze" effect is now called Cmp (next to Ch).
No problem - Thanks.