Sanpera wah pedal question

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
Virtualman64

Sanpera wah pedal question

Post by Virtualman64 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:23 pm

I've noticed that when I use the wah pedal it changes my overall tone unlike a stand alone pedal that works only when it's utilized.Does that make since?Anyway,can that be prevented at all?

Earl Dukedog

Re: Sanpera wah pedal question

Post by Earl Dukedog » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:11 am

Not that I've found. If you use the wah effect on the amp the the aux on the pedal works it the same as the default wah, havent tested for tone though.

erky32

Post by erky32 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:53 pm

I have a VIP2 & Sanpera1 ....usually I run on the TWIN amp setting. ....and yes I find the wah does shift the whole tone range into a trebly range, looses its warmth and body.

aussierob

Post by aussierob » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:55 am

I have a VIP 1 with Sampera 2 and the tone definitely changes when you engage the Wah effect. Not sure why!

Rocco Crocco

Post by Rocco Crocco » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:27 pm

Whenever you engage w wah pedal, whether a genuine Crybaby, Vox, or Sanpera, your tone changes because you are cutting frequencies. To the OP your wah is working as it should.

Virtualman64

Post by Virtualman64 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:10 am

I don't agree.I have used a stand alone pedal before in a signal chain,and when I rocked it backwards my tone returned to normal.It worked only when it was pressed.

dalrymple

Post by dalrymple » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:51 am

I have never used a wah that didnt change the tone when rocked back and forth. That is what is supposed to do, change your tone. It is thinner on most pedals, like your vypyr.
Dalrymple

wmjones

Post by wmjones » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:55 am

Virtualman64 wrote:I don't agree.I have used a stand alone pedal before in a signal chain,and when I rocked it backwards my tone returned to normal.It worked only when it was pressed.
Rocking the pedal back to heal position returns the pedal to heal position tone, that is not the same as turning the pedal off. every pedal I've seen takes a hard toe press to turn on or off. Turning wah or pedal on changes to tone produced by pedal. (This is meant to be an explanation and not to say you or anyone is wrong.)
8) HAPPY DAYS:

Rocco Crocco

Post by Rocco Crocco » Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:35 pm

The Ibanez Weeping Demon (actually a pretty cool wah) has a setting in which the pedal is shut off when in full heal position. This is the only wah pedal I know of that does this. Is that what pedal you are refering too, Virtualman?