Vyper VIP III firmware

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
RMcknight

Vyper VIP III firmware

Post by RMcknight » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:42 pm

After updating to 1.62, the front panel still displays 1.61 at startup. Seemed to have updated via the software OK, or did not see a reason it did not work. Does anyone else have same issue or did it fail and should display 1.62?

wmjones

Re: Vyper VIP III firmware

Post by wmjones » Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:53 pm

RMcknight wrote:After updating to 1.62, the front panel still displays 1.61 at startup. Seemed to have updated via the software OK, or did not see a reason it did not work. Does anyone else have same issue or did it fail and should display 1.62?
Your update failed. The display should read 1.62. Run the update again .
8) HAPPY DAYS:

RMcknight

Post by RMcknight » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:35 am

Thanks - Will try again. Any way to find out what the update adds/fixes?

Kevin Boudloche
Web Team

Post by Kevin Boudloche » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:45 am

RMcknight wrote:Thanks - Will try again. Any way to find out what the update adds/fixes?
There's a link to the changelog on the vypyrvip series page, i'll include it here for convenience.

http://peavey.com/products/vypyrvip/ext ... t_V1_0.txt

VIP Firmware 1.62
- Amp now broadcasts when presets are changed with Sanpara. The next Edit beta will implement.
- Boost the MOG output level
- Boost Octaver output level
- Add noisegate to Butcher red model
Web Developer | Peavey Marketing
[email protected]

RMcknight

Post by RMcknight » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:14 am

Thanks for the feed-back & link. Looks like I may have an issue. One, I reloaded the firmware version 2-3 times back in march when I still read the 1.61 on the display. Will try later. And I also notice the amp volume reduces to near nothing on some 'dirty' chanels if your palying quick lead notes. You have to stop, let the sound die out, then start again and it's usually OK. As though the power is clipping badly and needs to recover from silence.

RMcknight

Post by RMcknight » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:31 am

1.62 loaded fine. However still issue with High gain presets. Example is A3, When I swith to the factory A3 setting, the noise is way up but guitar notes don't sound. They are very, very low. If I wait a second or two they will be at normal volume. If I play a quick scale/arpegio they suddenly go way low again. It's as though the note is getting swallowed up. I need to pause and start again.