Vypyr VIP 1 effects .... turning them off?

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
Xaquin

Vypyr VIP 1 effects .... turning them off?

Post by Xaquin » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:50 pm

Ok, I've been combing the internet for hours here trying to figure out how to make this thin sound like a normal amp.

It's cool that I can make a ton of reverb and all that jazz, but how can I simply amplify the sound lol

When set on electric guitar, I can't turn the post gain all the way down or there is zero volume. Turning it up one notch brings the reverb back. Setting it in acoustic mode makes the reverb go away, but makes the guitar sound like a bastardized acoustic/electric which isn't what I want anyway.

Am I missing something?

My old amp was a crate something or another with an on switch and a volume dial

I'm starting to miss it.

ErikM

Re: Vypyr VIP 1 effects .... turning them off?

Post by ErikM » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:52 pm

You need to go into edit mode to change the reverb or delay settings

From the Manual:

Inst/Stompbox Edit Mode
Edit mode simply changes the 5 amp controls to their alternate function as listed on the bottom of the
encoder (The red box in Fig 1). On VIP1, the edit mode LED color tells whether the effect is before the amp
(red) or after the amp (green). To enter Edit mode simply press the Stompbox encoder (Item 2). To exit Edit
mode simply press the same encoder again.
NOTE: Anytime you want access to the Delay or Reverb you will need to enter Edit mode.

Mid Encoder
Mid EQ adjustment. In edit mode this knob controls the Feedback of the Delay effect. Feedback is the
number of times the delay repeats.

High Encoder
High EQ adjustment. In edit mode this knob controls the Level or amount of Delay effect. All the way to the
left is zero and all the way to the right is max.

Post Gain
This is the individual preset volume. In edit mode this knob controls the amount of Reverb.

You can also change it through Vypyr Edit

wmjones

Re: Vypyr VIP 1 effects .... turning them off?

Post by wmjones » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:21 pm

Not mentioned above, If you want your amp to default with the delay and reverb off you need to make a save with each preset that you do not want delay or reverb. Also if you have a sanpera pedal you can turn stumps and delay on or off with the pedal.
8) HAPPY DAYS: