Vypyr VIP 2 meets Eminence 15" Big Ben and RCA Victor

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
ItchyFingers

Vypyr VIP 2 meets Eminence 15" Big Ben and RCA Victor

Post by ItchyFingers » Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:14 pm

I still have to close in the back and tune that area to tame the bass but I took it for a road test today with one preset adjusted and a bunch of others put in quick. I can access everything I need form the Sanpera 2 or kicked back on the couch with the Vypyr edit program so there is no need to get at the actual amp head section. The speaker and bigger cabinet really woke up the VIP 2. I may have to get another and build a proper cab to the Eminence Bog Ben specs. 24" x 24". Eying my Vypyr 75 now as a candidate for a better speaker. I built that guitar out of old cedar car ramps I made forever ago. Since I used all spare parts the tone cap is actually the wrong one for humbuckers being a little bassy but what the heck, I am liking the finished product for home use. I posted a vid of my first road test today. My apologies for my lack of ability. I certainly wouldn't blame it on the amp. Check it out. Oh and Peavey. give us a 1 minute looper will ya/ 30 seconds doesn't cut it. Can I mod that?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDD3NTz ... e=youtu.be

Clifton

Re: Vypyr VIP 2 meets Eminence 15" Big Ben and RCA Victor

Post by Clifton » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:38 am

looks great, sounds great. RCA has been revived! :D
Cliff

ItchyFingers

Re: Vypyr VIP 2 meets Eminence 15" Big Ben and RCA Victor

Post by ItchyFingers » Mon May 11, 2015 10:20 am

After I got it all tweaked I liked it so much my Vypyr 75 got jealous so it got an old radio cabinet of it's own. 60 bucks.
I was going to sell it otherwise for groceries but one needs at least 2 amps. I still need another 15" speaker for it but I am sure it will be a keeper.
The radio cabinet with the stock speaker just doesn't cut it. It seems to be a bit of a mismatch.
I Already KNOW the Big Ben works well in that enclosure so it's earmarked for a someday for sure kind of thing to finish.