peavy vypyr vip-3 pedal problem

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
russell-heft

peavy vypyr vip-3 pedal problem

Post by russell-heft » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:14 am

So i have this problem: whenever i plug one of my pedals (cry Baby 535q,UM300,ODB-3) in the amp there is such a buzzing noise in the background wich i cannot get rid of.
I've tried turbing all switches down to zero and start at this point but still this sound.

Thats everything
And sorry for the Bad english. :oops:

j_fury68

Re: peavy vypyr vip-3 pedal problem

Post by j_fury68 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:10 am

Are you using battery power or AC adapter for your pedals? I use a zoom g5 with AC adapter and will get a ton "O" Buzz when I amp plugged into the same circuit as my amps. Use it with both a tube 60 and a 15watt vypyr. If you are using battery I wouldn't think you should have any buzz unless you have a low battery and then that probably depends on the pedal.
:arrow: Peavey HP Special FT in Blue Moon Burst, Vypyr 30 with Effects Loop, Zoom G5, Vypyr Pro 100.

lionheart

Re: peavy vypyr vip-3 pedal problem

Post by lionheart » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:26 pm

If using an AC adapter a smoothed filtered RF and EMF shielded type is an absolute must otherwise all you get is major hum. Wah pedals are especially susceptible to this due to their inductance coil acting like an ariel.
My wah picked up all sorts of interference until I got a high quality AC adapter as described previously. It even used to pick up Latin American short wave radio and I'm 5000 miles from South America here in England !