ATTN. VIP-3 problem solved

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
kevinkjs

ATTN. VIP-3 problem solved

Post by kevinkjs » Thu May 07, 2015 2:47 pm

To those who may have experienced the erratic functioning of the 5 primary volume, tone and effects operation
of the knobs on their VIP-3, I recently had the 5 "encoders" replaced. Peavey addressed this problem as the encoders
being dirty, and/or needing to be cleaned with an anti-gunk spray. This was not the case for me, as the encoders
needed to be replaced. Anyone experiencing this should know that the warranty covers this and Peavey will direct
you to a service tech in your area. All is well again, and my initial angst has been replaced by a professional fix, and
pretty damn good customer service from both Electronic Innovations in St. Clair Shores, Mi. and Peavey directly.

Giuseppe

Re: ATTN. VIP-3 problem solved

Post by Giuseppe » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:07 pm

Io ho avuto 2 Vypyre vip 3, un Vypyr vip 1 e un vypyr 30. Un Vip 3 perfetto, lo altro con un potenziomecon tro da pulire, il Vip 1 quasi tutti da pulire e il 30 qualcuno. In ogni caso ho sempre risolto con spray per contatti elettronici.

Giuseppe

Re: ATTN. VIP-3 problem solved

Post by Giuseppe » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:08 pm

I have had 2 Vypyr vip 3, a Vypyr vip 1 and Vypyr 30. A Vip 3 perfect, the other with a potenziomecon tro to clean, Vip 1 almost all to clean and 30 someone. In any case I always solved with electronic contact spray.