Vypyr Newbie W/VIP 1 Amp

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
LPJNoob

Vypyr Newbie W/VIP 1 Amp

Post by LPJNoob » Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:05 am

Hi everyone! I just got a Peavey Vypyr VIP1 amp new in the box, and I'm loving the sounds from it. is there much of a difference between the 1/2/3 models, or are they mostly the same?

I'm really digging the hair metal sounding knob, and the 'Brit" knob.

Looking for any input from you all if there are any mods or anything I can do or know about. Also, do you like the amp?

Thanks.

tconroy

Re: Vypyr Newbie W/VIP 1 Amp

Post by tconroy » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:07 pm

I got one about a month ago and love it! The vypr 2 does sound better but for the money and space this one is good. I have not cranked it up past 1 1/2 yet and still messing around with the settings. I play an acoustic thru it on the regular setting and have all the features. also plug a mic in and it works real well which I was told by the guy at guitar center it would not work. Thats bull!!!! I have to use the middle red setting on the chorus and it sounds really awsome!!! you voice in chorus! when you find a setting you like just push and hold the input 1 or 2 till it blinks then goes solid and it will save it.

LPJNoob

Post by LPJNoob » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:49 am

Thanks for the info.....

Allen

Post by Allen » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:47 pm

Try the manual. It has some comparison charts for the effects. You get a good number more effects with the 2 and 3. Also, the manual explains some of the effects in the 2 & 3 are integrated in a rack-effect fashion, which apparently changes the quality. As much fun as the other effects would be, I'd seriously gig with the 1 if I had a pa that I was running mic'ed amps through anyway. But, I'm not mic'ing everything, so, not gigging with it. Not that I gig more than a few times a year anyway... but its loud enough I'm considering trying it out at band practice. Def. saving up for the big boy (vip 3). I'll probably drop my tube 120 once I get it.