How do I save settings on the VYPYR 3 100

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
thauma

How do I save settings on the VYPYR 3 100

Post by thauma » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:03 pm

OK - call me an idiot, flame me to hell and back, but please answer this hopefully simple question.

How do I save the settings on the amp?

I have changed the settings for pregain, low, med, high, post gain, never, delay, stop and effects through the control interface and also through VYPYREDIT.

It's great, all works I'm happy, and then I turn the amp off. When I turn it back on again, only some of the settings appear to be saved after a restart.

Now if I don't turn the amp off, there isn't a problem moving from preset to preset.

What am I doing wrong? what step am I missing. It has to be simple, but it's got me beaten at present

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Dave#...

darryl_derbyshire

Re: How do I save settings on the VYPYR 3 100

Post by darryl_derbyshire » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:12 am

Are you in Demo mode? I have a feeling I had the same issue when I first got mine.

thauma

Post by thauma » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:59 pm

demo mode is turned off.

It also fails to work when I change and save the settings directly from the amp.

Sometimes one of the channel settings is saved, but the other two channels are going back to what I believe to be the defaults.

I'm used to weird and wonderful computer stuff, but this is just odd and frustrating. I'm saving in bank / slot 81.2 - simply because it is away from all the standard stuff a the benign of the banks.

Any ideas?

wmjones

Post by wmjones » Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:03 am

thauma wrote:Sometimes one of the channel settings is saved, but the other two channels are going back to what I believe to be the defaults.
When you edit and save a preset only the channel (red, amber or green) you made changes to are saved. You must make the changes you want to all 3 channels (without turning to other presets or turning off amp before your changes are saved). Push and hold the bank knob for 2 seconds (display will show that you are in mode for renaming if you want) then push knob again to save. I prefer to use a different preset for each channel I want to use.
8) HAPPY DAYS:

thauma

Post by thauma » Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:38 pm

Thanks for the detailed reply, unfortunately only the settings for one of the channels appears to be saved.

So I am selecting the bank and slot (say 99.4), setting the pregain for each of the red, amber and green channels and then saving (as per your instruction). It works great when I keep the amp turned on, but when I turn it off only one of the channels has been saved.

I have also reset to factory defaults, and firmware is at 1.62.

I am completely at a loss.

I could live with one setting per slot,, but it seems a shame to have 3 options, but only be able to save one of the channels

Any other thoughts?

Cheers

Dave#...

darryl_derbyshire

Post by darryl_derbyshire » Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:58 pm

I'm not sure I completely understand what you are trying to do, I understand the idea but didn't realize it was a possibility. I've been using modelling products since the mid 1990's (line6, johnson, rocktron, digitech) so i still do things the old way. For me that is to find a sound, save to a new preset. I usually will do (if there is 4 presets per bank, ie. how the VIP has bank A1-4) 1.rock, 2.clean, 3.effects laden, 4.dirty. I may do that with a few different banks for different sounds/projects. That being said, I haven't used Vypyr Edit much, only to do what i stated above. Maybe you could contact Peavey for a way. If they can help you with it, please share.

thauma

Post by thauma » Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:50 am

Thanks for that view - and I can see the logic.

I'll ask Peavey, and share their response.

Cheers

Dave#...

thauma

Post by thauma » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:56 pm

no response from the oracles at Peavey Central, so I shall assume that my thinking is flawed.

In terms of moving forward I'll take a similar route as suggested by darryl_derbyshire

rockmanmd

Post by rockmanmd » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:41 am

You have to save each setup you have to your liking to a unique preset like darryl said. I use a behringer midi pedal to give me 10 presets per bank and below is what I have setup as an example showing the different amp channels being used in different presets. Hope this helps

Preset 1 Acoustic sim on acoustic peavey ecoustic amp
Preset 2 6534 Amber channel with a tube screamer my worship dirty channel
Preset 3 same as preset 2 but with a little more volume and delay reverb worship lead preset
Preset 4 Twin green channel with some chorus
Preset 5 Twin green channel with reverb
Preset 6 Acoustic sim on acoustic peavey trace acoustic amp
Preset 7 Lifesong Intro 6534 Green channel chorus delay reverb
Preset 8 6534 Red Channel with Phaser Tremolo
Preset 9 Classic 50 Amber Channel
Preset 10 Classic 50 Red Channel a little more gain and volume and delay reverb lead preset

Preset 12 6534 Red channel 80s to 90s rock

thauma

Post by thauma » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:48 am

That's the approach I am now taking.

Thanks of the reply :D