Sanpera I Help !

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
kronosone

Sanpera I Help !

Post by kronosone » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:11 am

Hi,

I recently bought a Sanpera I pedal for my son from fleabay. Unfortunately it didn't come with a cable so I ordered a 8pin to 8pin DIN cable from Germany. This cable is wired 1-1 straight through and I have checked continuity on all the pins. Unfortunately when I plug it into the Sanpera pedal all that happens is the Aux light comes on, nothing else. i've tried reseating the midi cable many times and I've also tried resetting the pedal using the two pin short method I found on this forum. (Incidentally, there was already two taped off wires attached to the jumpers so I suspect someone else has had this problem with the pedal). So is this a knackered pedal, or is there something else I can try to get it to spring into life ?

Hope some kind soul can help.

Andy

wmjones

Re: Sanpera I Help !

Post by wmjones » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:01 am

kronosone wrote:Hi,

I recently bought a Sanpera I pedal for my son from fleabay. Unfortunately it didn't come with a cable so I ordered a 8pin to 8pin DIN cable from Germany. This cable is wired 1-1 straight through and I have checked continuity on all the pins. Unfortunately when I plug it into the Sanpera pedal all that happens is the Aux light comes on, nothing else. i've tried reseating the midi cable many times and I've also tried resetting the pedal using the two pin short method I found on this forum. (Incidentally, there was already two taped off wires attached to the jumpers so I suspect someone else has had this problem with the pedal). So is this a knackered pedal, or is there something else I can try to get it to spring into life ?

Hope some kind soul can help.

Andy
Elaborate on the taped off wires attached to the jumpers, this may be a clue to your problem. Are the taped wires from the cable. I have a sanpera 1 & 11 and there are no jumpers in mine. With this info someone in this form may be able to help.
8) HAPPY DAYS:

kronosone

Post by kronosone » Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:33 am

They are there to allow a manual reset of the Sanpera. It's noted in this page in section 3b.

http://zorkmids.com/?p=1574

The cable is completely stock, and I have checked the pins and they connect 1-1 with all 8 pins connected.

Anyone ?

Andy

kronosone

Post by kronosone » Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:36 am

Just for info. it's not the aux/main switch that isn't switching. That switch is working fine, it's just the aux light that comes on, nothing else, no matter what buttons I press....

Thanks for your help so far.

Andy