Sanpera Foot Pedal: Looping Enquiry

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
CrownTheRyan

Sanpera Foot Pedal: Looping Enquiry

Post by CrownTheRyan » Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:36 am

With the Sanpera pedal for the Peavey Vyper amp, can you only loop one layer? or is there a way to loop multiple layers?
From what I worked out so far I can only loop one, but it would be really handy if I can do multiple.

lionheart

Re: Sanpera Foot Pedal: Looping Enquiry

Post by lionheart » Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:45 am

Only one layer of looping I'm afraid. Then there's the balancing act to contend with of "recorded" versus "live" accompaniment levels. The looper was a great idea of Peavey's but in reality was rather poorly executed in it's initial forms in the first Vypyr and VIP ranges.
All issues such as volume balance and multiple layers have been resolved in the new Vypyr Pro so I'm led to believe.

ErikM

Post by ErikM » Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:03 pm

No overdubbing, and the volume issue is pretty much why I will never use the looper on the VIP 3. Better to just use a real looper that designed better. I rarely even use the amp anymore, for other reasons I don't care for it, except maybe for an acoustic amp. Trying to decide if I should just try to unload it on Craigs List or see if the local music store will take it in trade towards a Fender Acoustasonic.

wmjones

Post by wmjones » Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:09 pm

lionheart wrote:Only one layer of looping I'm afraid. Then there's the balancing act to contend with of "recorded" versus "live" accompaniment levels. The looper was a great idea of Peavey's but in reality was rather poorly executed in it's initial forms in the first Vypyr and VIP ranges.
All issues such as volume balance and multiple layers have been resolved in the new Vypyr Pro so I'm led to believe.
The vypyr pro has overdubbing looper and volume balance has been fixed.
8) HAPPY DAYS:

j_fury68

Post by j_fury68 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:59 am

With the first gen vypyr and vip series you can do the effects loop mod and use a looper pedal. I use the Zoom G5 and it has a drum machine and 60 sec looper with virtually endless over dub. This is nice. Very fun. As I understand it, the Vypyr Pro has over dub and you can erase the last recording and do it over if you wish. +1 to the vypyr pro! No drums though.
:arrow: Peavey HP Special FT in Blue Moon Burst, Vypyr 30 with Effects Loop, Zoom G5, Vypyr Pro 100.