VYPYR VIP 1 -- isn't working or making a sound..

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
Marshallsw

VYPYR VIP 1 -- isn't working or making a sound..

Post by Marshallsw » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:11 am

I bought a barely been used Peavey Vypyr VIP 1 and am getting NO SIOUND. I've tried factory reset and updating firmware. I've tried the firmware updates and updaters. I've tried c1.59, 1.62 but not 1.70 and used both the 3.02 update updater As well as the 2.25 updater. (The numbers may be incorrect in but they're close enough to get The idea. I've tried plugging into and then putting in my guitar because I read somewhere that the noise cancelers noise gates can cause problems sound this to didn't work Strangely enough when I first turned it on I get some sound, very faint sound but as I go to change the settings the amp goes dead. Google where to find firmware updates for VIP 1 and have nothing what do I do guys? I'm and electrical engineer and rebuild guitars and do some computer work and I have the Slightest clue as to what I should do to fix this problem. Peavey doesn't make bed amps. It's clearly something missing or not understanding. I will pay whoever helps me resolve this problem via PayPal. I just want to be able to use this awesome amplifier. Please please please help me.

A Peavey fan,

Marshall

wmjones

Re: VYPYR VIP 1 -- isn't working or making a sound..

Post by wmjones » Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:43 am

301 updater and 1.62 firmware is the only software that works with the Vip series. The other software is for the 1st generation vypyr only. That warning is on the site you downloaded the firmware from. It may not be to late to use the correct software if your amp still turns on.

Remember to use updater 301 and firmware 1.62 only. (not updater 3.02 or 2.25).
Last edited by wmjones on Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
8) HAPPY DAYS:

Marshallsw

Post by Marshallsw » Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:43 pm

Amp still turns on.. I'm relatively certain that's the last update I installed following the directions precisely.
I'm wondering if I should do a factory reset and THEN proceed with the newer update procedure..

FaceMan

Post by FaceMan » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:52 am

When you upgraded the firmware did it install ?
so the loading bar filled all the way = completed ?

Did you try other combos of the Factory Reset ?

So the Amp is seen by your Computer via USB ?
Did you use the right Operating System software ?

I had a couple problems here:
http://peavey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f ... 05#p299605

watch the youtube vid here
http://peavey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=42263