VSX26 settings

A forum for discussing the VSX and share settings
RaymondP07

VSX26 settings

Post by RaymondP07 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:50 pm

I am currently running a Peavey 23XO and recently purchased a VSX26 and am wanting to upgrade. I've researched and know a little but still have a few questions.

1) Is it possible to set the VSX to different systems by presets? I have a QW system and a SP system and don't want to toast my SP system when switching over.

2) I have 4 amplifiers available (IPR 3000, IPR2 5000, & (2) IPR2 7500) what would be the best configuration? I know there is a tri-amp setting in the download able file but wasn't sure if there was a quad-amp setting? Or if quad amp would be better?

3) Would I need to build a custom "break-out" panel and then run 4 conductor cable for the horn/mid bass split?

I appreciate all the info thank you in advance

jim683

Re: VSX26 settings

Post by jim683 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:13 am

there are presets available for the QW and SP systems so no worries there.

I am not really familiar with the amps you are running and cannot comment on how best to set up the VSX with those amps. I run the CS4080hz on subs and mids, and a Crest amp for the highs.

You need to verify the voltage gains on the IPR amps, the VSX is set up to see X40 if I remember . Adjustments may be needed for the IPR amps