Updates about Mk IV

ReValver product discussion. This is a user-to-user forum, and not product support.

Moderators: Michael Ljunggren, ReValver Support Team

carltonec

Re: Updates about Mk IV

Post by carltonec » Sun May 11, 2014 2:52 pm

Yeah, I am very surprised that there are not more updates about it, talk, etc. The more people buzzing about it, there more day 1 sales. Oh well...

I understand the "when it's ready" routine, but zero talk about a product, beyond the preview video, is odd.

skog

Post by skog » Mon May 12, 2014 11:57 am

I'm trying to remain positive. I guess I'm somewhat optimistic now in that they didn't really hype it in the last few months. They had a press release at NAMM and a demo at Musikmesse where I think they said hopefully April, maybe May. At one point, months ago, I was wondering why we weren't getting more hype and press.

Now, looking back, it's better that they didn't really hype it back then and get everyone's hopes up, then we don't hear anything for several months. Perhaps it's better hearing very little, then nothing, compared to hearing lots of hype then everything going silent. I'm crossing my fingers that any issues are more related to setting up the amp store and such than the core of the program. We'll see.

god_made_me_do_it

Post by god_made_me_do_it » Mon May 12, 2014 4:00 pm

I'm not gonna lie, I'm a bit of a lurker on here just for revalver updates - I keep checking back constantly now and searching google news for when this thing's coming out. My band have an album that's meant to be finished by July and I'd love to get the new Revalver on it, as well as test out that new live mode for when we tour it.

Jose Luiz

Post by Jose Luiz » Tue May 13, 2014 6:22 am

Guys
We and the beta test team are working very hard to deliver the best program possible to you guys. We want to release a software that is stable, bug free and full of content, and if it takes some extra testing/ developing time to deliver it, we will take that time (But I promise it will not be long!). Stay with us and you won't be disapointed!
José Luiz Paiz Junior
Peavey ReValver Support
My banks for MKIII.V:
http://forums.peavey.com/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=25152
http://forums.peavey.com/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=28688

mba64

Post by mba64 » Tue May 13, 2014 7:17 am

Jose Luiz wrote:Guys
We and the beta test team are working very hard to deliver the best program possible to you guys. We want to release a software that is stable, bug free and full of content, and if it takes some extra testing/ developing time to deliver it, we will take that time (But I promise it will not be long!). Stay with us and you won't be disapointed!
+1
Gibson Les Paul Studio 2015
Cort Bass
Fluid F5
Presonus Audiobox iOne
Studio One 3

Windows 10 x64
Intel® Core™ i5-4570 3,2Ghz, 12GB RAM
Peavey ReValver Support

pentecost

Post by pentecost » Thu May 15, 2014 7:49 pm

I stayed away in embarrassment for awhile because that post was quite frankly a bad mix of whiskey and frustration, but the fact still remains that there is a small but extremely loyal user base waiting frustrated in anticipation of a release that seems to have been the victim of a few false starts. I doubt I'm alone in my worries that this does not bode well, given the software's history.
The more I think about it, the less I feel duped by the dev community as opposed to being sympathetic after you had a timeline unceremoniously dropped in your lap by a forward-facing, clumsily guitar-wielding marketing guy. mba64 would have been a much better spokesman! That being said, timeline projections like that didn't typically appear out of thin air. I remain an enthusiastic cheerleader for all of you behind the scenes, but we are wont for something more than "soon"s and "please be patient"s and "we want you to have a great experience"s. Even a "hey, we thought we'd have the amp store running by now but server support was nasty in beta" is better than the illusion of things being totally fine and chugging along with no product to show after the supposed deadline has been surpassed. For anyone here (and many that appear to be losing enthusiasm on KVR, gearslutz, sevenstrjng.org, and various other forums) we likely all feel like this is on the verge of release *any day*, so every day that passes without is frankly a means of further disappointment rather than one of growing excitement. I'm sorry to be the antagonist and say what many are feeling, but I hope I can at least frame it in such a way as it remains constructive for future announcements. I love your previous product, expect to love your future product even more, and will continue to hound the interwebs until it becomes your current product. Code on!

mba64

Post by mba64 » Fri May 16, 2014 3:33 am

As Jose said, testing is in full swing and we are trying to get as stable a product as possible and that will satisfy as many as possible, nearly an impossible thing to do.
ReValver 4 will be a step up in ampsim world, with incredible dynamics, bottom and straight out of the speakers with great sound, and tweaking without end.
release is coming soon.
Gibson Les Paul Studio 2015
Cort Bass
Fluid F5
Presonus Audiobox iOne
Studio One 3

Windows 10 x64
Intel® Core™ i5-4570 3,2Ghz, 12GB RAM
Peavey ReValver Support

carltonec

Post by carltonec » Fri May 16, 2014 8:08 am

Glad to hear that it is still on track to be released soon. I wasn't complaining about the extra time it is taking, I was just a bit boggled that nobody seemed to be updating the customers who are waiting to buy it. Didn't you guys make those videos to get us excited about the product? It worked. :P

I know we probably just seem like a bunch of impatient people, but it is what it is: When you announce a great looking product, people ARE going to ask "is it done yet", and want to keep receiving news about how things are coming along, sound clips, ads, etc.

GunMaster

Post by GunMaster » Thu May 22, 2014 2:12 pm

Well in case someone misses the subtile Link of mba64 ...

have a look here: http://mba646.wix.com/revalverweb/

Soundsamples!

ico

Post by ico » Thu May 22, 2014 5:40 pm

indeedy cant wait for R4 to be released, just went to mba64s site and it is all about revalver, even has a guestbook :D
Strat, EVH Red Stripe, Ibby Radius 540R
Intel i5-3337U, Intel HD4000 (Win10 64)
Phenom II PC, Nvidia 8500 GT (XP)
Sonnus i2M, Presonus AudioBox, Echo Audio MIA
Studio One, Reaper

Earscream

Post by Earscream » Tue May 27, 2014 7:14 pm

Hi guys...I'm new on the Peavey forum and loving the info available. I'm a long time user of Addictive Drums in my studio and recently decided to play around with Revalver HPse that was bundled with an upgrade long ago. I hadn't jumped at the opportunity sooner as I was relatively happy with a Line 6 POD Farm setup...but now I've had a taste I'm desperate to get right into Revalver...I LOVE it!!!

Anyway...to cut a long story short...I'm trying to get my head around whether to jump into Mk III.V or do I wait for Mk IV?? For example will there be an upgrade path, or grace period for recent Mk III.V purchasers to MK IV?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated...but I'll also understand if this is commercially sensitive etc...I can survive on HPse (just!!) for now :-)

Cheers
Steve

tomkyle

Post by tomkyle » Wed May 28, 2014 8:42 am

Hi Earscream,

I recently asked Revalver Support exactly that question because I am in the same situation as you.
The answer was clear: Wait for IV!
So I am waiting and hoping ...
In the meantime you have the opportunity to download the demo version of III.5, which gives you the full scope of content, but with an occasional white noise inbetween - which is ok for exploring this fantastic AmpSim in full detail.

Regards,
tomkyle

Earscream

Post by Earscream » Thu May 29, 2014 6:30 am

Awesome...thanks Tomkyle...much appreciated!!! I may just do that...to help pass the time :-)

Puzzeld Mind

Post by Puzzeld Mind » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:13 am

When will it happen? June? And does this programm contain bass amps?

Jose Luiz

Post by Jose Luiz » Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:21 am

Puzzeld Mind wrote:When will it happen? June? And does this programm contain bass amps?
I don't know if it will contain bass amps on the release, but they can (probably will!) be sold later on the Amp Store.
José Luiz Paiz Junior
Peavey ReValver Support
My banks for MKIII.V:
http://forums.peavey.com/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=25152
http://forums.peavey.com/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=28688