Updates about Mk IV

ReValver product discussion. This is a user-to-user forum, and not product support.

Moderators: Michael Ljunggren, ReValver Support Team

Jose Luiz

Re: Updates about Mk IV

Post by Jose Luiz » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:16 am

I just received this great Quick Start video. It will help you get ReValver 4 going nice and easy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ke4gIEx8Qck
José Luiz Paiz Junior
Peavey ReValver Support
My banks for MKIII.V:
http://forums.peavey.com/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=25152
http://forums.peavey.com/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=28688

Elric

Post by Elric » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:38 am

PSA: Before pulling the trigger on R4: It requires a DONGLE! Welcome to 1995 DRM. :roll:

Jose Luiz

Post by Jose Luiz » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:24 pm

José Luiz Paiz Junior
Peavey ReValver Support
My banks for MKIII.V:
http://forums.peavey.com/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=25152
http://forums.peavey.com/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=28688

Puzzeld Mind

Post by Puzzeld Mind » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:03 pm

GunMaster wrote:Still downloading but i read the first personal disapointment considering the manual:

Gig Mode: "Only available in Stand Alone operation."

I personally (me and other band members) use 1 computer with Reaper as a DAW, also MIDI is linked and recorded live in the DAW. Big problem with Revalver 3.5 is changing presets this way. Still is in Revalver 4.

Why is "Gig Mode" not available within a DAW as a vst plugin?
:shock: very very strange

DaleVishay

Post by DaleVishay » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:25 pm

GunMaster wrote: Why is "Gig Mode" not available within a DAW as a vst plugin?
Because it is standalone-host's feature not plugin's. Gig mode uses so musch resources than the plugin and all plugins have some limits.

ico

Post by ico » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:53 pm

thats very interesting :shock:

Strat, EVH Red Stripe, Ibby Radius 540R
Intel i5-3337U, Intel HD4000 (Win10 64)
Phenom II PC, Nvidia 8500 GT (XP)
Sonnus i2M, Presonus AudioBox, Echo Audio MIA
Studio One, Reaper

ico

Post by ico » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:24 pm

wow revalver 4 is smoking :shock: ... heres my lounge style attempt of eruption with it

https://soundcloud.com/icomusic/eruptio ... revalver-4
Studio One, Reaper

GunMaster

Post by GunMaster » Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:41 pm

Puzzeld Mind wrote:
GunMaster wrote:Still downloading but i read the first personal disapointment considering the manual:

Gig Mode: "Only available in Stand Alone operation."

I personally (me and other band members) use 1 computer with Reaper as a DAW, also MIDI is linked and recorded live in the DAW. Big problem with Revalver 3.5 is changing presets this way. Still is in Revalver 4.

Why is "Gig Mode" not available within a DAW as a vst plugin?
:shock: very very strange
You think the way I use it is strange? Maybe, but it's a question of concept. Consider the possibilities...
Last edited by GunMaster on Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aaronsmith

Post by aaronsmith » Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:49 pm

ico wrote:wow revalver 4 is smoking :shock: ... heres my lounge style attempt of eruption with it

Man you can play, sounds like Brian May, yes great sound too, just sounds like a real amp recording, in a mix who could have any idea it was not a cranked amp.
Intel i7-3770 - 16 gig RAM - Windows 7 64bit - M-Audio 2496 - Gforce GT510, Reaper 64bit, Cubase 6 64bit

GunMaster

Post by GunMaster » Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:51 pm

DaleVishay wrote:
GunMaster wrote: Why is "Gig Mode" not available within a DAW as a vst plugin?
Because it is standalone-host's feature not plugin's. Gig mode uses so musch resources than the plugin and all plugins have some limits.
Thanks for your response.

But what do you mean with "so much" resources. A modern pc can host many revalver 4 vst plugins in a daw (reaper) instances in parallel. I can bypass them in reaper with midi one by one to switch presets. I see no "resource limitation".

Today this piece of software is simply not thought for my way to use it and thats a pity because it sounds awesome. Maybe Mr. Ljunggren will support my desire in future. ;-)

DaleVishay

Post by DaleVishay » Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:18 pm

But what do you mean with "so much" resources. A modern pc can host many revalver 4 vst plugins in a daw (reaper) instances in parallel. I can bypass them in reaper with midi one by one to switch presets. I see no "resource limitation".
Daw = Money
instances = More CPU + more RAM

Do you think you could have 8 instances with a moderate cpu trouble free at low buffer values in a daw? Switch seamless, without any simple crack or pause? In gig mode you can go like you are on one instance, every switch is seamless.

Every preset loaded in gig mode loads all the images of skin. Normal preset switching clears the ram for previous one.

ico

Post by ico » Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:22 pm

aaronsmith wrote:
ico wrote:wow revalver 4 is smoking :shock: ... heres my lounge style attempt of eruption with it

Man you can play, sounds like Brian May, yes great sound too, just sounds like a real amp recording, in a mix who could have any idea it was not a cranked amp.
thanks aaron, cant believe how awesome the tones are in revalver 4, it just oozes with tone and makes playing easier somehow. Like you said, close your eyes and its the real deal, like a marshall stack in your face :shock: ....nice to know listening to queen for years paid off :D
Studio One, Reaper

pentecost

Post by pentecost » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:13 pm

DaleVishay wrote:Do you think you could have 8 instances with a moderate cpu trouble free at low buffer values in a daw? Switch seamless, without any simple crack or pause? In gig mode you can go like you are on one instance, every switch is seamless.

Every preset loaded in gig mode loads all the images of skin. Normal preset switching clears the ram for previous one.
Thanks, you've made precisely the case for why the gig mode feature is needed in the VST. If a live performance project can handle multiple instances of kontakt with several gigabytes of samples loaded without skipping a beat, and a single instance of standalone can supposedly run on a tablet, the idea that two or three instances of gig mode would be a problem for live performance on a reasonably equipped computer and essentially free DAW software (infinite reaper trial) is frankly preposterous. If there are already a few of us of the what... 20? on this forum that were waiting for this precise use case, the devs should reconsider its exclusion because there are surely more in the wild that ought not be dismissed with this "shut up and be happy with what you get" attitude.

GunMaster

Post by GunMaster » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:22 am

DaleVishay wrote:
Daw = Money
instances = More CPU + more RAM

Do you think you could have 8 instances with a moderate cpu trouble free at low buffer values in a daw? Switch seamless, without any simple crack or pause? In gig mode you can go like you are on one instance, every switch is seamless.

Of course there is a limit in cpu + ram resources. This is why I liked the idea of the "gig mode" feature. By the way other amp modelling applications are able to midi-change presets within the vst plugin without problems (amplitube, guitar rig).

On the other hand if you want something serious to work with you're not afraid to spend some more money and buy the better hardware to satisfy the needs especially if there is more than one paying band member.

Lain

Post by Lain » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:15 am

pentecost wrote: "shut up and be happy with what you get" attitude.
Huh? Where did you get that from?

@GunMaster, why don't you use track presets in your DAW? Or use more tracks of Revalver and unmute/mute them via midi?