peavey destiny rarity and pricing

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey electric and acoustic guitars.
vinnie700

peavey destiny rarity and pricing

Post by vinnie700 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:11 pm

hey all.

how many of you have a destiny or have played one? im really keen on getting one if they are awesome. they are my favorite peavey guitar (that ive never played lol).

are these really good quality? or just a cheapie. theres one on ebay at the moment for 5-700, now i dont mind paying that kind of money if its truly worth it. and i think it is worht it by what ive seen and read. but what are your guys opinions?

are the non custom models still good? or are they like how the non custom versions of say, tracers are.. not so great.. and the custom ones are awesome.

thanks,
vinnie.

vinnie700

Re: peavey destiny rarity and pricing

Post by vinnie700 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:38 am

nobody?

pappie_59

Post by pappie_59 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:53 pm

vinnie700 wrote:hey all.

how many of you have a destiny or have played one? im really keen on getting one if they are awesome. they are my favorite peavey guitar (that ive never played lol).

are these really good quality? or just a cheapie. theres one on ebay at the moment for 5-700, now i dont mind paying that kind of money if its truly worth it. and i think it is worht it by what ive seen and read. but what are your guys opinions?

are the non custom models still good? or are they like how the non custom versions of say, tracers are.. not so great.. and the custom ones are awesome.

thanks,
vinnie.
I don't know about the bolt on neck Destiny, I have a 1991 Destiny Custom and it is a great playing guitar once you get it setup!
It sounds great stock, but I changed the bridge pickup to a SH4 Jeff Beck and the single coils to some pickups that I had custom made, I was surprised that it really sounded great stock, It didn't need different pickups, but I just had to know! :lol:

The tremolo system is ok once you learn to not remove all of the strings at once! Change strings one at a time, pull, push, stetch this one string and get it in tune and seated well before going to the next string!
(I now do this procedure on all my guitars during string changes!)

The wood is like my Les Paul just not as thick, and resonance is great!
I had been playing it in two of my Peavey SS amps and a Fender Ultimate Chorus amp. I tried it for the frst time in my 1970 Fender Vibrolux Reverb amp which I converted to AB763 specs, and it sounded awesome!
I then played it through my home made Plexi 100 that I built a couple of months ago, again great. I think it sounds far better in good tube amps, even though it sounds great in my SS amps!

I don't know what it's worth, and don't care! I'll never sell it!
I've finally learned to not sell or trade good equipment; I can think of six or seven guitars off the top of my head that I kick myself everytime I think about them, (2-PRS's, Explorer, Flying V, Les Paul Deluxe, 2-strats), there's more but you get the picture!
Sorry for getting carried away, but if you can find a Destiny Custom cheap grab it! I'm sure you'll be very happy with it!
I'd really like to know how many were produced, Peavey only made them from 1989 to 1994, I believe that's correct!

Thanx, Pappie

pvholic

Post by pvholic » Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:17 pm

ET has three Destiny Customs ( Far Right ) and these were all handpicked from an outside Peavey sales man that grabbed up the best he could find. I believe he is willing to sell a few at least .
Email me and I'll have him send you pix.
ET's home 12-29-04 032.jpg
ET's home 12-29-04 032.jpg (1.49 MiB) Viewed 9848 times
" I Play Peavey..............or I DON'T Play!!! "

Charlie

KCelinder

Post by KCelinder » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:02 am

I own a Peavey custom that I bought used around 1998 for around $250. It's an amber/dark brown to black quilted top look with gold hardware that looks awesome. I switched out it's pickups to an EMG 81 in the bridge and EMG 60's for both the single coils. I love it, just needs some restoration and for me to find the right gauge strings/setup for it 'til it's perfect.
Attachments
a bit dark but you get the idea
a bit dark but you get the idea
20130716_235938.jpeg (1.12 MiB) Viewed 8771 times

That 80's Guy

Post by That 80's Guy » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:40 am

Love it!!

That 80's Guy

Post by That 80's Guy » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:00 pm

If you ever decide to part ways with her..please pm me!
Thanks!!